Vehicle Costs and VPP

JohnTaber

Question

Hi Steve: I want to confirm something in another thread...

A PC in my game is named Smith. He can magically "call back" anything he has touched and analyzed in the past. It is bought with a VPP. Now...for guns and such it is easy...I have questions about vehicles...

Assume the Taurus has an active point cost of 60.

1) Does this mean that the VPP point cost of said Ford Taurus is 60 points (i.e. 60 points from the VPP are used) OR does it mean the character only has to use 24 points of his VPP (i.e. because he can use the power Summon with Slavishly Devoted)?

2) What about the max VPP cost? Does the PC need a 60 point threshhold in his VPP to summon a Taurus OR is 24 points enough?

This is hard to explain...

Originally posted by Grymlynn

I believe:

Your VPP has to have at least 60 points in it to cover the active cost, but only 24 points of the pool will be held by the Summon power, until they don't need the car anymore. Then, the character can move those 24 points into something else. I guess the special efect would be the car owner showing up and yelling "Dood, where's my car!"

My response...

FYI. This is how I am currently playing it. The only part that is weird is the VPP having to have at least 60 points to cover the active cost. In fact, the player bought a 100 pt VPP for this reason. Since the player is fantastic I don't have to worry about abuse issues...it just seemed like a funny ruling...

Is Grymlynn correct?

1 answer to this question