GGU Email Server Down... Again

Guest Worldmaker

Re: GGU Email Server Down... Again

Jack, have you re-created your own personal address yet?

And when you create the Webmaster address, please modify it somewhat to throw off all the spam & virus senders. Drop me a line as to what the new address is, and I'll update the website.

Good point. I set my e-mail to retrieve the liaison mail, and had a spam/virus message waiting for me.

Unfortunately, those addresses will be on the website, whatever the address is. They'll end up getting the same spam. We seem to be a popular site with those programs that mine e-mail addresses.

And, according to post #20 above, he has re-created his own personal address. :)

Good point. I set my e-mail to retrieve the liaison mail, and had a spam/virus message waiting for me.

Unfortunately, those addresses will be on the website, whatever the address is. They'll end up getting the same spam. We seem to be a popular site with those programs that mine e-mail addresses.

And, according to post #20 above, he has re-created his own personal address. :)

They won't get the addresses with automated stuff. They are guarded by JavaScript so that a spider(?) won't see it as an address. One of our Java-knowledgeable members provided the script for me.

Guest Worldmaker

They won't get the addresses with automated stuff. They are guarded by JavaScript so that a spider(?) won't see it as an address. One of our Java-knowledgeable members provided the script for me.

That needs to be applied to the website, which is your arena.

Those addresses are on lists that are getting passed around. Maybe some kind of minor change in the addresses would work.

The only Staff addresses I've seen on this thread is the Liaison address.

I have to sign off tonight -- I have to work early tomorrow morning.

I'm subscribed to admin, chat, questions, and newguard again, but I'll also visit here again tomorrow.

Guest Worldmaker
Guest Worldmaker

Currently' date=' emailing the listed address or with the subscrive- prefix nets a bounce message from mail_103.selectedhosting.ccm. *sigh*[/quote']

What list are you trying to subscribe to?

Guest WhammeWhamme

What list are you trying to subscribe to?

Probably doesn't matter. The key "trick" is to insert "-subscribe" between the name of the group and '@globalguardians.com'.

Guest Worldmaker

Probably doesn't matter. The key "trick" is to insert "-subscribe" between the name of the group and '@globalguardians.com'.

Okay, *D'oh* on my part. Somehow I had gotten it through my head that the subscribe had to be first. All is not yet well with the world, but it's improving.