This one might be a little wacky...

tinman

Re: This one might be a little wacky...

I've already pointed out why it's a dumb idea.

Take two characters: one is a high dex MA who hits the average villain all the time.

The other is a slower than average brick who hits the average villain less than half the time.

In order for both to increase their average damage (per attack) by 5 stun OUGHT to cost both characters the same, but it doesn't.

The martial artist needs 1.5 DC to generate 5 more stun per attack.

The brick needs to add 6 to 9 DC to accomplish the same effect. First he must increase the extra DC because he hits less than half the time. Next he must increase it further because he's never going to achieve even average damage, which means his average damage inflicted is far less than 3.5 stun per die.

How, exactly, is this balanced?

So, if I have a 6d6 aid to STR, it's fine as long as I only use it on inaccurate bricks, but it's unacceptably powerful if I use it on accurate martial artists...