Nuadha, the superhero

Nuadha

Hey all,

Storn has been running a M&M game in RDU Neil's RDU universe (see Storn's thread) and yesterday he mentioned possibly running a game in the UK after the curent one ends, which in the RDU has become very magical.

I said, "Great! I want to play Nuadha." As a fan of the myth, I've been using Nuadha as an internet alias for a while and I've had some thoughts on how to build him in Champs for a while. However, he said that he thinks that there already is a Nuadha/Nuada in Kingdom of Champions that may have already been introduced in Neil's game. (OT- I made a joke about the imposter Nuadha yesterday and when I saw nuada post on the Millenium City thread, I figured it may be one of the players playing a joke.)

Is there a Nuadha/Nuada in the Champions Universe already? What's his story?

Hey James,

Nuadha is listed in the "Kingdom of Champions" sourcebook from 4th Edition. That Nuadha comes from a Lemuria style "sunken city" where the fomori and the like all came from. Instead of being magical, this is all based on ancient alien civilization that is remembered and retold as myths.

I've never introduced this concept into the RDU, so don't worry about that being an issue... IF we ever play this magical supers game.

The game is in-person. I've never really played in an email game. I don't think I'd be very good at it from my few experiences of playing out scenes in-between adventures. It's not that I have a problem with writing out my action, but I'm really bad at keeping up-to-date on my incoming e-mails.

It all sparked last night. I have my version of Nuadha's origin and personality all figured out. I'm going to write up his story and build stats for him in both Hero and M&M. I can play him if we end up with a game set in Britian, or he'd fit in well in a Vanguard group. His origin is a mixture of alien race and mysticism and heavily inspired by Kirby's Eternals.

Originally posted by Enforcer84

Do you guys play by email or inperson. Storn's threads make it sound very inticing, between his art and the commentary from you two...

As Nuadha said, it's a FtF game... though Storn and I have run plenty of PBEM tie-in games, as well. The RDU is a huge campaign... lots of history... lots of different "comic books" in one big universe. Right now, Storn and I are alternating weeks. I'm running the "Dragons" right now... a sub-campaign centering around mystical martial arts and a long term plot to release Japan from a Jade coccoon that has surrounded the island nation for five years, now.

Storn runs an UNTIL/Black-Ops game, super-cyber-spies in Europe... but is using M&M for the system, as he likes that better. James' reference to the "Vanguard" is our high level superhero group. Most characters are 500+ points, from EXP. Characters that started at 275, originally. That has been on hiatus since they ended WWIII by killing off 30% of China. (It's a very Stormwatch/Authority like game.)

We are all in Michigan, Enforcer... where are you?