Help with a Power

Checkmate

Okay I'm creating a character that can sense animals in a 10Km radius, this is what I have an why:

Detect: Animals (pretty obvious)

Mental Sense Group (My character and I want it that way)

360 arc of perception (I said radius remember)

Discriminatory (gotta tell what kind of animals)

Megascale: 1"= 1/2Km (faq says you can scale down megascale and I figure anything closer than 500 meters I can see with my eyes)

Now Mental Sense Group is already ranged by default, but it doesn't say how far the range is so I'm figuring that it is at least 20" (to get the full 10Km radius).

Does anyone see a better way of doing this (the megascale gets a little ichy and is really close if not totally ilegal) or is this way all right?

Do give more insight on how abusive this will or won't be, here is a brief overview of the character:

He will have a VPP that can only be used for Multiform and can only multiform into 300pt (or less) animals that he can sense with his detect.

Re: Help with a Power

Originally posted by Checkmate

Now Mental Sense Group is already ranged by default, but it doesn't say how far the range is so I'm figuring that it is at least 20" (to get the full 10Km radius).

As with all senses the range is only limited by range mods and your dice roll so it is possible with a good roll to perceive your target far past this 'at least 20"' you have assigned. If I where your GM I would not allow the Megascale but would rather have you use "Telescopic" to reduce your range mods. This also solves the 'close range' limit of Megascale. By the way, you can pick out ALL animals within 500m with your Mk 1 Mod 1 eyeball? Impressive....

I f I understand MegaScale correctly, if you apply it to a power, it will not let you use that power on short range. So, if you buy +¼ MegaScale to detect animals, you would be able to detect animals 1 km away from you, but not animals closer than 1 km to you.

I agree that buying your detect with telescopic seems to better simulate the effect that you want.