Defenders of New Zealand PBeM call for Players

Guest WhammeWhamme

Guest WhammeWhamme

"And finally, we reach the final stages of your training.

The Press.

Remember. The world does not know of magic; does not accept it. Your gain in power is 'through meditation and hard work'. The rituals 'merely focus your mind', unlock the powers you clearly 'already possessed'. That is why I picked metahumans for training. That is why the Defenders do not live under a cloud of suspicion."

Tane suddenly winces in pain. By the way he stiffens, it's clearly the wound to his left leg that pains him. By the grim expression he bears, he's about to relate some ancient history.

A good student picks up on these minor cues.

"I tried telling the truth, once, early in my career. I was debunked by an arrogant young man of science. He was wrong, but he was convincing... and there are powers out there that do not want the truth to out.

We are just another superteam, in the eyes of the public. And in our duties. I've told you more about mystic threats than mundane... that is because I know more about that. This has been my country to guard for longer than I care to remember. Trust me. Most of what you will face is mundane. Skilled criminals. Imported supervillains. Focus on them."

A flash of regret briefly passes over his face... the face of a man still close to death, yet certainly not dying...

"Them... and your teammate. I will tell all of the new Defenders, and the old, this. One of your fellows has gone rogue."

==============================================

Defenders of New Zealand is a Global Guardians Universe PBeM.

It uses the Hero System Rules, as modified by the GGU House Rules.

Characters are built on 200 base points, with up to 150 points of Disadvantages allowed; total 350.

As the beginning piece of fiction indicates, the Defenders of New Zealand are not the average superhero team. Hopefully the fiction piece conveys what this game is about. Any questions, or queries, are welcome; I will endeavour to provide instant feedback.

Characters should both have an innate superpower (probably genetic in basis) and extensive training, including magic. Each Defender is taught magic that complements power and personality alike. They should integrate into a logical whole.

I will want to see complete backgrounds (including quote, etcetera) in the end, but I would appreciate anyone who is interested at all just sending me an email with their thoughts. I want this campaign to succeed, and will help you (the potential player) however I can - and a brainstorm session is not only painless, but enjoyable.

Notes:

-The Campaign page is in need of some updating. It was written quite early in the reboot, and does not mesh perfectly. I'm sorry.

-The package deal has vanished from the website. This WILL be dealt with before it becomes an issue.

-There is one spot designated "replacement" - this spot would be for either a hold over dedicated hero, or a newcomer who has not been fully trained. This is ONE spot.

I will stop accepting new submissions on Thursday the 2nd of February; for most of you that means Wednesday/_very_ early Thursday is the general cut off point, since New Zealand is at GMT +12. This is nine days.

Have a nice day.

-Glenn Patel, GM of Defenders of New Zealand.

(Plus, how can any gamer not love a game set in Middle Earth? ;) )

Guest WhammeWhamme

Re: Defenders of New Zealand PBeM call for Players

Hey Glenn, just a few questions

1) Where do we send our submissions to?

2) How many points per disadvantage catagory?

3) Do the GGU Quirks count towards Psych Lim total?

4) Who would be appropriate hunteds?

1) Er, that would be me. Addy

2) 50 - it IS listed on the campaign thing. Note that I will NOT be judging based on the sheet, but on the background, so don't worry about this too much yet.

3) Yes.

4) Well, you could create them. There's no one specific to the campaign who will be hunters for the team as a whole (if there was, it would be in the package deal...) - my villains, if recurring, will not be mixd in with others.

So, if you don't want to work too hard, I can only suggest reading the GGU NPCs section and picking one.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Do you pick all the characters or is Jack going to have to okay anything you decide to let in? How's the whole thing gonna work?

I choose the characters... they will need to comply with the GGU House Rules and Guidelines, or be altered to do so.

Jack doesn't personally okay every single character (I hope; otherwise, he's overworked...), but other people involed with the GGU will.

Guest Worldmaker

Do you pick all the characters or is Jack going to have to okay anything you decide to let in? How's the whole thing gonna work?

There are six people whose job it is to check your math. :) That way the GM doesn't get swamped doing it and neithe do I.

There are six people whose job it is to check your math. :) That way the GM doesn't get swamped doing it and neithe do I.

It should also be noted that a (relatively) recent change permits GMs to start play before the audit (final math-checking) is done; IOW we would begin play once Glenn (WhammeWhamme) approves the characters.