Mega Man X/Zero

nbkbruce

Ok, I wrote a crossover story a few years ago. The story was crap, but the idea still interests me as a possible campaign. Basically I was thinking of combining the Metroid/Mega Man X/Zero universes. The idea was that it is far in the future of even the Mega Man Zero games, where things are more like in Metroid--there is a large "Galactic Federation" or somesuch, with several alien species that either belong to or trade with the Federation. There are jumpstations where ships can recharge while waiting for a jump and characters can mingle with various aliens/robots/people, and similar things seen in the games such as colonized/uncharted planets and space pirates of varying races. This is what I borrow from Metroid, now for the parts from the Mega Man X/Zero series.

Mega Man X takes place 100 years after the original MM series, and Mega Man Zero about 100 years after that. This campaign takes place well in the future of the Zero series, long after mankind and Reploids have taken to the stars. By and large, Reploids have taken up with the Galactic Federation, but there are also many that live as merchants or scientists or pirates, anything really since they earned their freedom several hundred years ago in the campaign. Mavericks are non-existent as in MMZ, and X is "dead." By this I mean that a possible plotline later will be finding a way to bring him back in some fashion or another, perhaps. Zero is part of the Federation Space Marine Corps, as the "military" life is all he's ever known. Bounty hunters exist and are hired for all sorts of jobs, mostly those the Corps is unwilling to take on or are illegal. From time to time, of course, this brings the hunters and the Corps into conflict, sometimes with space pirates involved.

I think the campaign would work, it's one I would really like to try. Crossover games can be fun if done correctly. But the problem is the characters. The characters from MMX/Z and Metroid are powerful, as they have to be, so I am curious as to whether or not anyone has written any of them up. I tried to create Zero, but the point cost was a little high. Maybe this is as it should be, otherwise a little tweaking might solve it; the main things I need to cover for Reploids are fairly easy, and bounty hunters should be easier than that. Space pirates as seen in the Metroid games also seem pretty straightforward, and I can come up with other variations no problems thanks to Hero's unmatched versatility. The thing is, I'm still pretty new to the Hero system(not RPGs) and I was hoping someone might have stats for Samus or Zero or anyone from the MM games for reference. Actually, any input at all is most appreciated. It'll help me determine the best way to go about running this campaign smoothly. Thanks and sorry 'bout the long post!