Rebuild her!

Tech

One of my favorite superheroines is coming out of retirement. As to why I retired her, I don't remember it's been so long. She was built on 1st & 2nd edition Champions rules. I want you to update her to 5th edition rules and expand on her. Some guidelines:

a) Even though 5th edition suggests a 200 base, for old times sake, keep her Disadvantages base at 100 or 150 base. If you absolutely must, then you may use a 200 base but I'd rather not. She has 301 Experience pts that can be used.

B) Do not drastically change her concept, examples such as adding Superstrength or Stretching.

c) Get rid of the Disadvantage of her powers (not usable in absolute darkness). Possibly change the Forcewall.

d) Expand on her skills.

Very, very brief origin and personality:

Christine Truman was a chemist at CHEM INCORPORATED. She was the chemist in charge of a special solar program for the government. It would be an answer to the energy crisis using alternative energy. Darkflash, a villain, broke in and knocked Christine unconscious. Not wanting to have any witnesses, he put her on the solar power collector receiver and turned it on. Instead of being incinerated, Christine gained powers. A surprise attack by her left Darkflash unconscious and later, captured by Stronghold.

Christine is still relatively young, now in her middles 20's. She has exceptionally bright blonde hair but not so much that it glows in the dark. She is modest in dress and holds high principles. She does not believe that killing is an answer in a fight, even in a superpowered fight. She is an accomplished chemist and one of the foremost scientists on the experimental concept of Liquid Light, a chemical mixture that holds light or changing the light itself from energy to a liquid. Her high Body comes from her zeal for life more than for her body structure.

SUNSTAR

10 Str

21 Dex

20 Con

15 Body

12 Int

12 Ego

20 Pre

18 Com

5 PD

5 ED

6 Spd

12 Rec

50 End

42 Stun

TOTAL CHA cost: 142

Multipower (150 pts) - not usuable in absolute darkness -1/4

m 10d6 Heat Blast at 1/2 End

m Flash 8d6 (old 1st/2nd ed version) 10pts/die

m Flight 20" at 0 End

m Forcefield +18 PD, +20 ED at 0 End

m Forcewall 17 PD, 17 ED, may not move

(MP Cost with powers after disad is: 160 pts

15 Flash Defense -15 pts

3 +1 Level with Energy Blast

10 +2 Overall Levels

5 +1 Level with Multipower

19 Paramedics 19 or less

5 Chemistry 14 or less

5 Knowledge Skill: Liquid Light 14 or less

12 Heroes Base

TOTAL Powers Cost: 234

Disadvantages

15 Secret Identity

20 Code against Killing

(bought off all other disadvantages but for old-times sake, will shows those)

Previously had:

15 Fear of death

15 3d6 from Intense Darkness (even in a countryside with no citylights would this be triggered)

10 2x Stun from Cold Attacks

Re: Rebuild her!

How's this?

SUNSTAR

STR 15

DEX 23

CON 25

BODY 15

INT 13

EGO 12

PRE 20

COM 18

PD 5

ED 5

SPD 6

REC 12

END 60

STUN 46

Total Char. 157

Powers

Elemental Control 30pts

30 Flight 20" at 0 END

30 Force Field 20/20 0 END

45 Energy Blast 12D6 1/2 END

30 Flash 6D6 AOE Radius

30 Force Wall 12/12

12 "Nova Blast" EB +12D6 EB x4 END

41 Multiple Mirages Images to sight group, increased size(8 hexes), -4 PER

0 END, Autofire x5

Flash Def(sight) 15 pts

Powers Cost:263

Skills:

2 CSL: +1 w/EB

20 CSL: +2 overall(note that 10 point levels can be applied to non-com skills and characteristic rolls as well)

9 Paramedics 15-

5 Chemistry 13-

5 SS: Liquid Light 14-

3 SS: Physics 12-

3 SS: Optics 12-

3 SS: Astronomy 12-

3 System Operations 12-

3 KS: Villains 12-

3 Streetwise 13-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Teamwork 14-

1 Spanish(basic conversation)

Perk: Reputation(1 level) 14-, worldwide, moral heroine 3 pts

Perk: Base 12 pts

Total Skills and Perks: 81 Pts.

Disads:

15 Secret ID

20 Code vs. Killing

15 Reputation 14-

Base: 150

Exp: 301

Disads: 50

Total Pts: 501

Char: 157

Powers: 263

Skills/Perks: 81

Total: 501

Changes: A little better overall CVs, more punch to the EB, a couple new powers. Lower powered forcewall. A lot more skills. I lowered some of the raw numbers because once you get to 14- you are at 90% to make the roll and just buying against penalties. Since the two overall levels can be applied to ANY roll(including characteristics and non-com skills) you'll be rolling between 14 and 17 on any skill you can take time with. Added a reputation limit and perk because anyone with 301 xp has been around a LONG time and should be well known. The skills I added are a combination of scientific ones that could help her understand her powers and liquid light better and generally useful superhero skills.

Mike W, thanks! I'd totally forgotten about SS skills. The change from a Multipower to an Elemental Control was a pleasant surprise.

The Flash attack originally was: roll the dice & count the BODY. The BODY was the amount of actual phases (not segments) that the flashed person would be blinded.

To be honest, I hadn't even noticed the change from phases to segments for Flash. Guess it'll just stay as a house rule in my campaign. It's easier and makes more sense to me that the recovery is based on how often the victim goes/recovers.

Glad you like the new write up. I switched to an EC because when you're trying to run several powers at once it usually works out easier than an MP.

Chemistry should also be listed as SS, but I forgot the notation.