More powerful Champions team

BlueBuddha

I'm planning to use the offical Millenium City Champions as occasional NPCs in the campaign I GM. However, I want the team for which the game itself is named after to be more than starting level heroes. In the campaign I play in (yes, I'm in 2 weekly Champions campaigns, heh), some players have been playing for nearly 10 years now (or maybe more- Jhamin?). In that game, we are all in the 450-550 point range. It is assumed that the Champions have at least been keeping up with us, if not staying a step ahead of us.

Has anyone out there "leveled up" the Champions? If so, what sort of improvements did you make to them? I'm thinking of boosting the Champions in my own campaign up to about 450 or 500 points, with their AP limits at 70 or 75. Witchcraft, in particular, is getting much cooler stuff. Ironclad is getting a few brick tricks, but I don't know if I want to boost his strength or just throw on some maneuvers or a HA.

Re: More powerful Champions team

This comes up from time to time on the boards. From what I remember, it was considered kind of questionable to post updates of published characters. Especially because the DOJ is likely to publish official updates eventually.

If you want, we can get together and come up with our own versions.

Although my take on them off the top of my head goes something like this:

Everyone: More points on a base & vehicle, possibly some law enforcement powers, rep, & skill levels in their powers

Defender - Increase attacks & defences a little bit, high tech senses, a couple other non-lethal weapons like stun blasters & maybe gas bombs. Lots more tech skills

Ironclad - A gladiator combat martial art, a few more skills reflecting his alien origins, a few brick tricks

Nighthawk - A few stealth superskills, more & better tech skills, improved investigation abilities, more martial maneuvers, a few extra gadgets in a utility belt. Lots of Contacts

Witchcraft - More helpful witcheries, more AP in her VPP, remove her vulnerability to cold (It was described as just a spell she had trouble shaking & her recent cover appearences seem to imply she was successful :) )

Sapphire - A few more options on her power blasts, more entertainment type contacts, perhaps a few new psychlims reflecting a change in her fame?

Re: More powerful Champions team

I boosted my modified Champions roster into the 650-750 range -- but due to HERO board policies, I can't post them.

DEFENDER

Major retrofit was that I duplicated his now 75-active Multipower (at full cost), and gave it some new slots with his new "every attack is a MPA" mechanic. New slots includes the "entangle and character both take damage" entangle he should have had in the first place. Gave him a second targetting sense. Tweaked his skill list to be more appropriate for the 'playboy' secret identity.

SAPPHIRE

A realistic contact, perk, and skill list to her status as a celebrity. I dropped the "feedback" limitation and gave her Missile Reflection. I also chose to give her foci limitations (OIF, IAF, and IIF depending on the power) on many of her powers; as a result moved her MP into 80-active range and added several EC slots with more of a "gem" theme than an energy theme.

IRONCLAD

Brought his defenses up to appropriate levels for a brick in a campaign with 15DC attacks as a base. Added several permanent brick tricks (for example: "Block This: +4 OCV, only vs the Block manuever basis") and a small brick trick pool (30 active). Generally kept with the idea that he's a martial artist who happens to be made of metal (instead of the other way around).

SOLITAIRE (think Witchcraft)

Gave her an actual impact slot in her MP. Changed her skill levels into All Combat levels so they can be used by both the MP and VPP. Added Invisibility to her EC. Gave her an END reserve, which she should have had in the first place. Moved the VPP to more "consideration-worthy" 50-active level.

KNIGHTSEEKER (think Nighthawk)

Gave him numerous appropriate skills, such as Weapons Familiarity. Went with less of a gadgeteer theme and more of a martial artist/detective theme. Ditched the suspiciously-villanous backstory. Gave him "effect" martial manuevers, bouyed by numerous skill levels and a slot in his MP that gives him extra STR "for martial manuevers" at -1/4. Used "Disgustingly Powerful Ninja" as a guidebook.