The Shield

fbdaury

Just watching the first season of The Shield on DVD(yay me!) and it got me to wondering how cool a game that would be to play, dirty cops that still have some lines they won't cross and real motivation to actually make their 'turf' safe for the people that live there. Then I thought dang, add minor superpowers on top of that and make them a strikeforce that deals with not only normal crime but also low-end meta crimes as well. I was just trying to figure if anyone else thinks this could be a good game idea or are my new meds getting to me already? :rolleyes:

Re: The Shield

I hadn't associated it with The Shield, which rocks, but I had a similar idea. I was thinking more along the lines of Batman:tas, but without most of the happy parts. Otherwise, I think it's a pretty cool idea. The setting doesn't matter so much as the stories would be pretty much the same.

Yeah, I was thinking that it might work as a PBEM- I'm in a few of them right now and thought that I might be able to work one of my own. This could be a decent campaign if the right players coud be brought to play heroes who aren't really heroes, to walk the very thin line between dirty cop and outright criminal.

Then I thought dang' date=' add minor superpowers on top of that and make them a strikeforce that deals with not only normal crime but also low-end meta crimes as well. I was just trying to figure if anyone else thinks this could be a good game idea or are my new meds getting to me already? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Well, they did cast Michael Chiklis as The Thing, so you're not alone. :D

JG