Power build help (Psionic EC and Nanotech Armor)

Reln

I have two build questions, any input would be appreciated.

Psi-Blade has a few powerful psionic abilities in an EC. Armor defined as nanotech that can be pulled into his body (think Guyver). The nanotech also provides regeneration but only when it’s not acting as armor, also when KOed but not Stuned it reverts to regen unless in a place that loosing the LS of the armor would kill the character. That is the first question how do I make this?

Second the psionic EC powers can be used when the armor is off but they cause the character damage. The armor acts as a stabilizer and conduit so he can focus his power without hurting himself. Any ideas on how to build these?

Re: Power build help (Psionic EC and Nanotech Armor)

Psi-Blade has a few powerful psionic abilities in an EC. Armor defined as nanotech that can be pulled into his body (think Guyver). The nanotech also provides regeneration but only when it’s not acting as armor' date=' also when KOed but not Stuned it reverts to regen unless in a place that loosing the LS of the armor would kill the character. That is the first question how do I make this?[/quote']

Buy Armor and Regeneration in a two slot Ultra multipower. If the armor's up, he doesn't regenerate. It sounds like some of his other powers may be Linked to the armor, so they shut down when the MP switches gears.

To get automatic reversion, I'd slap Trigger on the Regeneration.

Second the psionic EC powers can be used when the armor is off but they cause the character damage. The armor acts as a stabilizer and conduit so he can focus his power without hurting himself. Any ideas on how to build these?

OK, he can use the powers, but has a Side effect. That takes out Linked.

I would buy the powers with a Side Effect that always causes damage. Figure out how many points the side effect saved. He now pays those points back, with the limitation "Only when armor up" (whioch sounds like a -1/4 at best and more likely 0 unless there's some other factor that prevents him from just activating the armor whenever he wants to use his powers).

The cost gets very high this way as the Regen and armor have no common dis ads. I would have to find a way to reduce the cost of the Multi power reserve.

It would think it's more expensive as an EC, unless each have lots of Limitation that they don't have in common. If only one has Limitation it's shouldn't cost much more (if any) to use the Multipower.

Since the Armor only shuts off automatically when it's convient and safe for the character, it isn't worth any Limitation. For the most part, that's an Advantage on the part of the Regeneration.

As far as taking damage while the Armor is off, I'd use the Susceptibility Disadvantage. It shouldn't be worth much unless for some reason the character needs or wants to use his powers without the armor.

OK, he can use the powers, but has a Side effect. That takes out Linked.

I would buy the powers with a Side Effect that always causes damage. Figure out how many points the side effect saved. He now pays those points back, with the limitation "Only when armor up" (whioch sounds like a -1/4 at best and more likely 0 unless there's some other factor that prevents him from just activating the armor whenever he wants to use his powers).

I'd make it a Side Effect that only happens under specific circumstances. That does, admittedly, decrease the value of the Limitation quite a bit, but that sounds accurate given the description. It is covered directly by the system already, and isn't as complex as buying back the points that you saved or anything.