Where should the IST's San Angelo embassy be?

Mark Rand

I'm assuming that the reader is familiar with my intended IST San Angelo campaign.

The question for today is: where should the embassy be located, near UC San Angelo, as in the original version, or the central business district, as in the current version?

Re: Where should the IST's San Angelo embassy be?

Embassies are almost always located in or near the host country's national capitol.

The IST has a number of embassies within the United States. One is in Washington, D.C. Others are in New York City, at U.N. Headquarters, and Los Angeles.

Only the Washington and UN missions would be embassies (which handle relations between governments).

If there was to be a consulate in San Angelo, however, I'd opt for the central business district.

The United Nations refers to all buildings occupied by the IST, or International Super Teams, its metahuman police force, as embassies.

• 2 months later...

I'm considering moving it, in IST San Angelo version 3.0. back to the UC San Angelo area.

Why?

First, San Angelo power broker Ben Morgan, who has plenty of clout, wants to put an office building for IST San Angelo and has convinced the San Angelo CBD's property owners that the presence of the heroes would lower property values.

Second, UC San Angelo's board likes the idea having supers as neighbors and is willing to give them a good deal on a university-owned parcel of land.