Some Q's re. Talents.

Static UK

Question

I'm designing/ 5th ed'ing some new Talents, and had a couple of strange thoughts:

1) Does Bump of Direction work in three dimensions or just two dimensions? (I know it mentions something like, 'relative height above or below ground' but I was wondering about an aircraft or space pilot using the Talent to move around in 3D)

2a) What effect, if any, would travelling in time have on Absolute Time Sense?

2b) Would you know what time it was when you arrived, or would you just know how much time had passed (literally not distance in time) since your journey began?

2c) How do time-zones effect a character with this Talent?

The reason these Q's came up was that I designed some Talents for 4th Ed. One was 3D Spatial Awareness (because I was under the impression BoD was just 2D), and the other was Chronolocation (basically ATS with the ability to know how far you had travelled back or forward in time (either in seconds, or years, the players would then have to use a calculator, he-he), or course this can now be circumvented with analyse and discrinatory!)

1 answer to this question

1. Although the text only references “local ground level,” I think it’s reasonable to assume that BoD works in three dimensions. Otherwise it loses a lot of its effectiveness in many situations.

2. Traveling in time wouldn’t affect ATS. A time traveler could use the Talent to keep track of how long it’s been since he traveled, but he won’t know that the local time where he just “arrived” is 3:00 PM until he finds some way of objectively determining that and can “set” his internal clock accordingly. The same goes for time zones; if a character knows he crossed one, he can adjust his ATS to tell him the correct local time.