Is San Angelo's Strip District anything like Sin City's Oldtown district?

Mark Rand

Re: Is San Angelo's Strip District anything like Sin City's Oldtown district?

I'd like to use Sin City's Oldtown District as the basis for San Angelo's Strip District. How much of a problem is this' date=' if it all?[/quote']

I'd say that it changes the 'tone' of the city too much to really do this. Why not simply integrate Hudson City into your campaign and class it as a 'zero-zone' to explain why the gun-toting crazies run around capping scum. After all, you can then set up plots ala Escape From New York that requires a trip by the PCs to retrieve some important person/macguffin now stuck there. You've got a whole world to play with and not everything needs to be within half an hours walk from your PC's home base.

I'd say that it changes the 'tone' of the city too much to really do this. Why not simply integrate Hudson City into your campaign and class it as a 'zero-zone' to explain why the gun-toting crazies run around capping scum. After all' date=' you can then set up plots ala Escape From New York that requires a trip by the PCs to retrieve some important person/macguffin now stuck there. You've got a whole world to play with and not everything needs to be within half an hours walk from your PC's home base.[/quote']

My campaign team is IST San Angelo, they're basicly a superpowered version of UNTIL and cover Northern California. IST New York City would cover Hudson City, New Jersey.

The idea is that the San Angelo Police have become fed up with trying to control the narcotics, vice, and other problems in the Strip District, which covers about 10 square blocks, and decide to let the prostitutes run it the way they want to. Of course, before they do this, they have to come up with a legal code for the neighborhood. If there is a school of any kind close by, they have to take that into account when they create their legal code.

My campaign team is IST San Angelo, they're basicly a superpowered version of UNTIL and cover Northern California. IST New York City would cover Hudson City, New Jersey.

The idea is that the San Angelo Police have become fed up with trying to control the narcotics, vice, and other problems in the Strip District, which covers about 10 square blocks, and decide to let the prostitutes run it the way they want to. Of course, before they do this, they have to come up with a legal code for the neighborhood. If there is a school of any kind close by, they have to take that into account when they create their legal code.

Y'know, it's not too likely that the prostitutes are going to be in charge. The pimps and druglords are gonna be the ones calling the shots.

Y'know' date=' it's not too likely that the prostitutes are going to be in charge. The pimps and druglords are gonna be the ones calling the shots.[/quote']

The pimps and drug lords are certainly going to try.

Two pimps vanishing after trying to make the prostitutes obey has scared them off for now.

The thugs a drug lord sent there also vanished, along with his dope, the people he wanted to make a deal with, and their money.

An idea just came to me. Basin City, aka Sin City, aka The Town Without Pity, is a corrupt city within the area IST San Angelo protects. Now, all I have to do is create it and figure out where in Northern California it goes.