Champions mods

Guest bblackmoor

Re: Champions mods

I believe that what you are describing is called "role playing". While it does have a profound impact on the game' date=' you don't pay points for that. Mere physical appearance does not affect game play in a way worth paying points for -- assuming, of course, that the players are above the maturity level of shallow fifteen-year-olds. I would go so far as to say that one is a reliable indicator of the other.[/quote']

I see. So in the business world physical attractiveness makes no difference? Or are we saying that this "immature" (which from a biological basis coulid be hotly debated as it also speaks of health and general abillity to create socially accepted offspring) attitude is so prevalent among adults it loses meaning to declare it immature?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But of course' date=' that was my first thought![/quote']

I'm a little concerned that, uh, without being able to specialize in "Eye Pokin'" :rockon: Billy Hill might lose a little of the special something that made him the character he was.

Interesting ideas and good feedback by all. It made me think of some concepts that have been deep set in my mind for years now.

I myself have never favored spending points on COM for my heroes but there have been some good examples listed in the thread of instances where high COM can affect play, mainly in Heroic level. I would use PREsence rolls if needed or let if fly for good role play effect. But I can see how it might be nice to have a stat backing your actions up.

I never liked the STUN lotto of killing attacks. But I also don't like killing attacks in general. The thought of all attacks being killing has some merit as well and its use would depend on the game environment and GM's option. A 1d3 + 1 is nice as it does prevent the crappy Body for STUN ratio on current killing attacks. And it also discourages STUN crunchers from abusing the Killing attack and STUN multipliers.

An option on Killing attacks is using a higher STUN multiple if the attack breaches defense. Maybe 1d3 + 2 or 3 for breaches of defense. Or straight BODY to STUN directly from STUN total.

I look forward to future mod proposals. It's been a fun read.