Multiple Attacks

coach

Okay, so how would do this? In the movies, especially the martial artist types, you see lots of times where the hero hits the guy next to him while shooting his friend across the room. This is disallowed by the Multiple Power Attack, so how would you do it?

Also, would you allow Rapid Fire or Sweep combined with the appropriate MPA? Using the book's example, could Defender shoot his target three times with his EB & Flash MPA?

Personally, I'd call the movie scenario just a case of the main character having about twice as much SPD as the people he's fighting. Especially if he's SPD 7; he kicked the first guy on 6 and shot the other guy on segment 7.

I'm generally opposed to letting someone Rapid Fire/Sweep on the same target more than once; that's Autofire.

I agree with CHC on the question at hand -- this is a case of the character having a higher SPD than the opposition.

However, I do want to ask CHC something -- and I want to emphasize this is a QUESTION not an attack.

Have you actually tried the Rapid Fire rules as written, CHC? Because I had the same concern initially, but they're much more balanced in practice than it seems. That bit about taking the OCV penalty to every blow and being a full-phase actions is stiffer than you may think -- and even when you add the Rapid Attack skill in to make it a half-phase, it's still about even with an Autofire attack with the Concentrated Sprayfire option...

Re: Multiple Attacks

Originally posted by coach

Also, would you allow Rapid Fire or Sweep combined with the appropriate MPA? Using the book's example, could Defender shoot his target three times with his EB & Flash MPA?

This situation really is a Gm's call. Some are going to tell you no. Some are going to let you get away with it. I'd let you do it simply because the Endurance cost is going to be fairly prohibitive. If the powers were Zero End, there might be a balance problem though.

Then again, if a character in a Star Hero game wielding a Laser pistol with a built-in flash attack can Rapid Fire, why not Defender in a Champs game?