Clarifying Core Defense Mechanic

RDU Neil

Re: Clarifying Core Defense Mechanic

I had forgotten about that. Thank you for pointing that out. 5th Edition has changed things so there are more subtle differences between Force Field and Armor that is easily overlooked.

Now to add something else, and this is strictly my opinion and can be ignored at will.

I take the position that a power that is not "Visible" as defined per the rules, does not imply that the power is "Invisible" as defined per the rules (under END Costing Powers section).

Therefore, Armor is not "Invisible", but visible, usually to the Sight group. If someone wanted their Armor to be truly invisible, then they would need Invisible Power Effects, based on the SFX of the Armor in question.

There's been other threads that have exhausted the meaning of this, so I won't do that here. Just thought I'd throw it out for cogitation.

- Christopher Mullins

My thought is that really visibility is simply vagueness with armor. Typically one looks like they have some sort of armor-like ability, such as with Collossus, even if it's not entirely clear.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic