Retrocognitive Tracking

Reln

A character in my very High fantasy game wants to by Clairsentience, Retrocognitive only with tracking and based on his location. So he can anyone he's ever met by seeing where they went in the past, but only based on his location.

How would you build this?

Re: Retrocognitive Tracking

This might not be the answer you were looking for, but I would seriously consider buying the skill tracking as a power (possibly at 17- or 21-, depending on how reliable it's supposed to be), possibly costs END, but would then let special effect handle the details. A lot depends on whether you think clairsentience or tracking is closer to the game effect you want before adding on the modifiers.

I had thought of this. The retrocog was the players idea but I think it may be more point efective to use the skill. I guess the other thing i'm trying to figure out is will the retrocog do anything the skill can't.

How would you build this?

Detect People I've Met, Ranged, Discriminatory, Analyse, Tracking, +10 to PER Roll. It's around 40 points without any Modifiers, but it will get the job done without all that messing around with Clairsentience.

Detect People I've Met' date=' Ranged, Discriminatory, Analyse, Tracking, +10 to PER Roll.[/b'] It's around 40 points without any Modifiers, but it will get the job done without all that messing around with Clairsentience.

Yeah, but the Clairsentience will actually wind up being cheaper, given all the Limitations. Also, I would view the Clairsentience as a more or less, "certain," thing, since you can simply extend your perception into the past and see exactly where the person went (and possibly when they did so as well).

Yeah' date=' but the Clairsentience will actually wind up being cheaper, given all the Limitations. Also, I would view the Clairsentience as a more or less, "certain," thing, since you can simply extend your perception into the past and see [i']exactly[/i] where the person went (and possibly when they did so as well).

Well, you don't have to buy the +10. It really depends on the Limitations that go on the Clairsentience though for which one is cheeper. There aren't any Limitations on the Detect as I've written it, but there could be.

Option 1: Discriminatory tracking "Detect X" sense. Throw in some PER and you're good to go.

Option 2:Get the tracking skill with a pile of penality skill levels to cover "tracking across difficult terrain", "only for tracking X", enough to nullify ANY terrain penalty. You could also get penalty levels against track-aging penalties as well (depending on how retro you want your retrocog to be).