Usable On Others/Differing Modifiers

Chris Goodwin

Question

1. I want to build the ability (call it Brew Potion) to grant someone a Healing Power (let's call it a Healing Potion).

1a. Can I build the Healing Potion with Charges that don't recover and/or Independent?

1b. Would doing so affect the Brew Potion portion, and if so how? Specifically, would it affect how many times I could Brew Potion? Would I have to pay points for each use?

2. Assuming the answer to 1a is yes and 1b no, is it reasonable for me to buy myself my own Healing ability (call it Healing Potion II) using Brew Potion as a special effect for creating it? In other words, let's say the Brew Potion has Extra Time: 1 Day, and the Healing Potion has 3 Charges that Do Not Recover. Is it reasonable for me to build myself Healing Potion II with 3 Charges per Day (or even more -- let's say 16, so that I can keep extra around), with the special effect that I am brewing a potion (but not necessarily using my Brew Potion ability)?

1 answer to this question

Re: Usable On Others/Differing Modifiers

1. Yes.

2. You’re asking about a “differing modifiers” situation, so you take the Power Modifiers on each portion that you want. If you want the ability to brew only four potions per day that each have four uses, then you take 4 Charges (-1) on each part. If you want the ability to brew an unrestricted number of potions per day, with each potion having four uses, then you take 4 Charges on the potion itself but not the brewing.

3. Issues of “reasonableness” are matters for the GM’s discretion.