Some help with an idea

EuroSolo

Hi. i'm a relatively new Champions GM, and I recently got asked a question that has me stumped.

One of my players wants to do a "cartoon character" kind of like the Mask (Jim Carrey) human and then "animated"

Any ideas as to how this would be written up? (especially how to take advantage of "cartoon physics"?)

Re: Some help with an idea

Hi. i'm a relatively new Champions GM, and I recently got asked a question that has me stumped.

One of my players wants to do a "cartoon character" kind of like the Mask (Jim Carrey) human and then "animated"

Any ideas as to how this would be written up? (especially how to take advantage of "cartoon physics"?)

A big VPP (to represent the ability to pull almost anything out of thin air) and Damage reduction/insane defenses could probably be used to handle most of what he is likely looking for.

Re: Some help with an idea

Being able to take damage is really just a special effect of high pd/ed and some knockback resistance. It can even be nothing more than the special effect of a martial dodge [the effect of the martial dodge being he twisted his body into some strange shape to keep from getting hit].

Characters like the Mask are not really good for newer players. Characters which can do anything tend to be very complicated and will slow down the gameplay as the player tries to decide how he wants to reconfigure his vpp. What I'd suggest you do is give the character a "Mask" multipower with 5-8 powers, and then give these powers the variable special effect advantage. That way the energy blast can be fire, a big hammer-hand, a blowing wind from the mouth, etc.

Let the player start off slowly and ease into the character. That will be helpful for both you and him.