Help building a "presence" power

Icel

Re: Help building a "presence" power

Interesting ideas! New and creative uses for CE... You could even add a lim to allow targets with high enough EGO/PRE to be affected in a lesser way...

Not sure the mechanics I would use, but with some playing around, it should be feasable... Start by assuming a standard effect on the characters base PRE attack (50 PRE would be 35 pts), and then adjust accordingly, with a +20 effect being the base.

Why thank ya.

I oftentimes think we get stuck assuming certain powers should only be used for certain types of SFX. I like to try to stretch those boundaries.

I'm also not quite used to 5ER, still only have my 4th Ed from 1989 ;)

I don't realy know if I did the Skirmish power correctly.

This power supposed simulate a trained scout how get extra damage and defense while moving. It supposed to last until his next turn. The bonus is not accumulated- you get only +2 damage/defense bonus if you move at least half-move each turn.

Any thoughts?

Help building a "Skirmish" power

From your description, I would write Skirmish up as Combat Skill Levels (CSL) with Requires Half Move (-¼ or -½). CSLs can be used to add damage and defensively I think they better represent a scout's ability to dodge and weave.

Re: Help building a "Skirmish" power

From your description' date=' I would write [b']Skirmish[/b] up as Combat Skill Levels (CSL) with Requires Half Move (-¼ or -½). CSLs can be used to add damage and defensively I think they better represent a scout's ability to dodge and weave.

Sounds good, Just one thing: can CSL be divided between 2 action (damage and defense)?

And if so, can I had a limitation for only using Skirmish for those action only?

I was actually thinking that this, "aura," could be the SFX of the character's Comeliness, rather than (or in addition to) Presence. Comeliness is certainly Persistent. Buy it as a Power, and I see no reason why it would have to be Always On. There's nothing that says a characters Com has to be due to perfect proportions or beautiful skin. :)