How to do this necromancy ability

How would I go about doing this:

Super powered human that can regenerate/resurrect/heal his own limbs if he is contact with dead matter. Also, he can absorb the knowledge, powers, and strength of the absorbed dead matter. So, this guy could cut off an energy blaster's arm, attach it to his own and gain the ability to energy blast.

Re: How to do this necromancy ability

Healing/regeneration with appropriate adders and limitations to reflect the need for "raw" materials (ewwwww......) plus a VPP similar to a mimic pool, once again with appropriate limitations.

Possibly a few other bits such as cramming (for "instant" knowledge gains)

Everything I know I learned by killing smart people and eating their brains :D

I'd use a VPP with some creative Limitations concerning where needs to happen before he can use it to make a new Power. The gaining knowledge, etc. from the dead is kinda funky, as you first need to define exactly what knowledge, etc dead stuff has. In my games, dead stuff is dead, and has no knowledge, powers, etc. and it doesn't matter what it had when living. Still, if it's a temporary gain, the VPP should cover most of it.

Well you can't gain knowledge from out of the ether (or from body parts), and quite right too, IMO, unless you want to just buy every skill, heavily limited to only allow them to be used if you've got a body part attached from someone who knew of it.

Bad idea.

What are the sfx? You just KNOW the stuff, or the spirit of the dead whispers in your ear? The second option could be done with a cunning sort of summon power, and that's how I favour doing it.

The resurrection/regeneration thing is just a limited form of the basic power, and the gaining powers thing either requires a VPP or a pretty hefty multiform with lots of undefined forms/multiform VPP, which may be the cheaper way to do it. Come to think of it that would allow you to change your skill-set too, so I've talked myself into that as the best option. Go for it.

Wibble.