Character Concept: Necrosia

Magmarock

Heya people!

I am working on a PC for my brother's campaign.

Her codename is Necrosia; she is a teleporting energy blaster who's powers feed off of her own body on a cellular level. Thus, her END Reserve which powers her MP (Attack powers only) has a Side Effect that causes her COM & CON to drop along with her END Reserve. She has Regeneration on the cellular level too, which means she can come back from the dead.

I'm having some trouble getting her down to 350 points, obviously. She is still 122 CP over (I haven't started the Disads yet, so they aren't reflected in the total points).

I'm still waiting for my brother to let me know what the major skill-sets are on the other PCs, so I know that her skills will be scaled back.

Have a look-see and tell me what you think.

Thanks in advance!

Mags

Re: Character Concept: Necrosia

I jst played around a little with your charater, I would put the phase shift muiltpower on Actation 13- and give it 8 charges. This save just over 35 points. I would also lose the regen and END reserve, You can always buy them with experience.

Re: Character Concept: Necrosia

Here, this is what I'd do with this character.

I've reduced the DEX a little, so any points saved in skills should go straight into DCV levels most likely. I've compensated for this with a bonus to her levels with the multipower, which may need reigned in.

Overall there where several things that concerned me about the build though. Firstly the DEX was really high considering the character has no powers to justify it. Secondly, the phasing multipower seems to have a whole bunch of different slots just to give her every possibly advantage on teleport. I prefer powers that work consistently, so your teleport either has position shift or not, you don't generally have different versions with and without it.

The main thing I added was a force field for protection, it's in the multipower and can only be run at a low level using full movement/attack powers. However, when the character needs more defence he can scale back his movement and attack abilities in order to pump more points into the force field.

The build I've done also reduces her power levels in a sustained fight massively due to the high end cost of powers and the END reserves low recovery rate. The main reason for this (aside from a points saving excercise) is that I reckon cellular energy isn't quickly or easily replenished... so draining your cells of their vitality takes a while to fully recharge. However, she should still be extremely effective for a few turns and it's rare combat will expand beyond that.

P.S. I included EGO in the characteristics that go down with the END reserve both as a points save and as a kind of... ugh, weakening, can't focus... type of situation.

Necrosia

Player: Magmarock

Val** Char*** Cost
13** STR 3
21** DEX 33
10/20** CON 0
16** BODY 12
13** INT 3
10/20** EGO 0
18** PRE 8
10/20** COM 0
4/8** PD 1
4/8** ED 2
5** SPD 19
5** REC 0
28** END 4
28** STUN 0
*6"**RUN02"**SWIM02 1/2"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 85

Cost** Power END
5** Protective Costume: Armor (4 PD/4 ED) (12 Active Points); Limited Coverage 13- (-3/4), OIF (-1/2)* 0
40** Cellular-Energy Applications: Multipower, 120-point reserve, (120 Active Points); all slots Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -2)*
4m** 1) Necro I: EB 12d6 (60 Active Points)* 30
4m** 2) Necro II: EB 6 1/2d6, Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; Limited Group of Advantages; AP, Penetrating, Explosion or Affects Desolid; +3/4) (58 Active Points)* 30
1u** 3) Necro V: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target (50 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2)* 25
3m** 4) Phaze I: Teleportation 25" (50 Active Points)* 25
2u** 5) Phaze II: Teleportation 17", No Relative Velocity, Position Shift (49 Active Points)* 25
2u** 6) Phase III: Teleportation 10", No Relative Velocity, x4 Noncombat, x8 Increased Mass (50 Active Points)* 25
2u** 7) Phase IV: Teleportation 4", No Relative Velocity, x8 Increased Mass, MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (49 Active Points)* 25
2u** 8) Phase V: Teleportation 5", No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, Armor Piercing (x2; +1) (50 Active Points)* 25
3m** 9) Force Field (20 PD/20 ED) (40 Active Points)* 20
50** Cellular Power Reserves: Endurance Reserve (500 END, 15 REC) Reserve: (65 Active Points); Side Effects (Side Effect always occurs whenever the character does some specific act; Whenever END Reserve is used under 100, 1d6 Drain STR, BODY & STUN; -1/4); REC: (15 Active Points); Does not work when character is unconcious, has not eaten or is at negative BODY (-1/2)* 0
22** Cellular Regeneration: Healing 1d6, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) [Notes: No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120). Does not Resurrect if END Reserve at zero.]* 0
20** Cellular Condition: (Total: 45 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost) +10 CON (20 Active Points); Only proportionate to END left in Reserve over 100 (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 8) plus +10 COM (5 Active Points); Only proportionate to END left in Reserve over 100 (-1) (Real Cost: 2) plus +10 EGO (20 Active Points); Only proportionate to END left in Reserve over 100 (-1) (Real Cost: 10) [Notes: So, at END 500, +10; 460, +9; 420, +8; 380, +7; 340, +6; ...etc... 140, +1; 100 and below, +0]* 0
Powers Cost: 160

Cost** Skill
18** +6 Tight group of Necro MP Attacks*
3** Breakfall 13-*
3** Combat Piloting 13-*
16** Computer Programming (Computer Networks, Hacking and Computer Security, Personal Computers, Mainframes and Supercomputers, Military Computers) 15-*
3** Bugging 12-*
3** Bureaucratics 13-*
3** Cryptography 12-*
3** Deduction 12-*
3** Electronics 12-*
9** Inventor 15-*
3** KS: High-Level Technology 12-*
2** Lockpicking 13- (3 Active Points); Conditional Power Power Does Not Work On Mechanical Locks (Only High-Tech Locking Mechanisms; -1/4)*
3** Spatial Navigation (Air, Other Spatial) 12-*
2** SS: Engineering 11-*
3** Security Systems 12-*
3** Shadowing 12-*
3** Stealth 13-*
2** Survival (Urban) 12-*
5** Systems Operation (Communications Systems, Dimensional Sensors, Sensor Jamming Equipment, Targeting) 12-*
6** TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Grav Vehicles/Hovercraft, Helicopters, Large Planes, Small Planes, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles*
Skills Cost: 96

Cost** Talent
3** Absolute Range Sense*
3** Bump Of Direction*
3** Simulate Death*
Talents Cost: 9

Total Character Cost: 350

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 150

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0