VIPER Plots

Herolover

• 2 weeks later...

Re: VIPER Plots

In my "World" I laid the ground work for "Sharper than a Serpent's Tooth" about three months ago. We did "Showdown at Snake Gulch"(Chapter 1). I figured it would take time for chapter two, "Ophidian Plague" to build. I plan to return to it in about two months or so. I really was able to scare the party with all the VIPER weapons from the module. I must say I had fun that night. No heroes died and the VIPER agents were defeated at the end of the night.

I just finished at last game session, the old Villains & Viligantes module "Sercet of the Swamp" If you read the thread I did (Entangle Abuse), I enclosed a hdc. copy of one of the characters in my game that is hunted by VIPER. He is the classic VIPER experiement escapee. It was easy to tie that into Sercet of the swamp. The character is based off Swamp Thing.

I have only purchased Digital Hero 13-latest. Darn you. I had to go back and buy #1 now. And I only have two tokins saved up. Oh well, I planed to buy them all anyway.

The only major Viper plot I can remember from our games was pretty convoluted.. It was about 13 or 15 years ago, so this might be a little vague..

The Nest Leader and his Girlfriend were pretty crazy, like the bad guys in G.I Joe.. She was a pretty good martial artist who led the troops to battle, he usually stayed at base directing his plots.

The outcome of one of Viper's battles against the Heroes went particularly awry, and she was severely burned and in a coma at the hospital (under hero and police guard - If she woke up, the good guys were going to try her, but untill then they thought the Viper Leader was gonna mount a rescue).

Viper Leader was a bit smarter though - he allready had an inside docter feeding him info on her condition. He was pretty shook up, his old lady all laid out like that with only a small chance of surviving, and a smaller chance of recovering from her coma.. he was ready to take some risks.

One week later, Mechanon started one of his rampages through our city, and when the heroes battled him, a Viper Team showed up and shot at our heroes and Mechanon.. They were chased away and Mechanon defeated. Then three days later, Mechanon rampages again.. No Viper, but this tougher Mechanon is quite a bit tougher to defeat. Then 1 day later, Mechanon again, very very tough Mechanon who incapacitates 3 of the Heroes team, and would have mopped the floor with the rest of the boys if Viper, in force, hadn't showed up and finished him off with a small army of Viper Agents.

The Heroes were too worn out to do battle with this fresh opponent, or even stop them when they loaded Mechanons body into the V-Tol. Viper Leader came out and Gloated a bit, told them he had his computer geeks introduce a virus into the Mechanons subroutines which accellerated his rebirthings and the next Mechanon would show up in twelve hours. He wished them well, and Viper Departed.

The Heroes arrived at their base and found out that Viper did a smash and grab at the Hospital simultaneously with the Mechanon Heist.. And they knew that one of Viper Leaders main flunkies was a very good Cyberneticist named Dr. Steel.

Viper Leaders plan was to use parts of the super tough Mechanon to patch up his significant other, this creating Queen Cobra. The heroes were torn - wait and fight Mechanon in 10 hours? Chase down Viper Leader to his new lair? Or find and mount an assault on his regular Viper Base to get the codes Viper used to screw with Mechanon's programming..

They ended up splitting up, two confronting Mechanon when he showed up, delaying him long enough (NOT fighting him, he was too tough) for the lone infiltrator in the Viper Base to Change the Virus and shut Mechanon down. The two who went after Viper Leader were allmost successful - they captured Dr. Steel but Viper Leader and a dazed and disoriented Queen Cobra got away.

Lossa Fun..

-CraterMaker

Glad you liked it.. It was a pretty intense mini campaign. I can still remember the looks on their faces when Viper Leader told them the next, more powerful Mechanon would show up in ten hours... hee hee hee

If it helps, here's two more things: After VL spills that he had a Mechanon Virus, back at the base the Heroes brainstormed and realised VL could only have hired one man to do the job, a Tech Villain named Virtual. It was by tracking Virtual down (and beating the snot out of him) that they got the location to the old lair, and thus access the only version of the virus (which they had made a unique supercomputer to house - Virtual couldn't recreate or mod it off location).

The second thing was that Virtual was convinced Mechanon LET him infect it.. Which had the Heroes and Virtual pretty freaked out.

Let us know how it goes when you run your version!

-CraterMaker