Teleportation Item

Jkeown

Here's a Caleon Item I'm thinking about adding to my game. They're based loosely on the Hearthstones of World of Warcraft.

Townstone: Teleportation 1", No Relative Velocity, MegaScale (1" = 100,000 km; +1 1/2) (30 Active Points); 1 Charge which Recovers every 1 Week (-2 1/2), OAF (Townstone; -1), Can Only Teleport To Chalkcliff (-1) Real Cost: 5

...And most major cities have folks who make these. Now, Chalkcliff has a large crystal structure hidden below it that only allows a certain breed of winged feline to teleport in or out. This stone actually takes you just outside the city, usually to a bar or other touristy spot.

"Well, we could go on to the city, but let's stop and look at the world's largest suit of chainmail...it's only 3 coppers..."

Would you (or do you) use such a thing?

Re: Teleportation Item

I might, but :

1) It needs to have "usable by (or against) others" added to it, with appropriate range modifiers/triggers, if it is going to teleport someone other than the person who made it.

2) I have a minimum cost on teleportation of 5" in my campaign, so it would be a lot more expensive, but that isnt really important for anyone who doesnt use minimum power levels.

3) It would probably be immobile, or at least bulky. Otherwise it acts as a 'get out of jail free' card for any adventurers/PCs that find themselves in a bad situation.

4) If it were mass producable, the authorities would either make it illegal, or heavily regulate it. Otherwise an enemy could collect a sufficient number of townstones and have his army trigger them all at once, popping into existence with considerable suprise right outside the town's gates.