Mr. Fantastic and the Hero system

Tim

Ok. Im extremely rusty on my streching tricks, but how would you model some of what Mr. Fantastic did int he Movie?

When he grabbed Ben, I first thought of Entangle but realized a better fit would be: +40 str, only for grabs (-1.5), only for squeezing, not for throwing (-.25) and +8 levels with grabs and sweeped grabs.

But how would you model the "blanket" approach when he grabbed Doom? You can't buy AE on grab and he can use it to grab multiple people at once. And how would you buy his being able to stretch to cover large areas or act like a wall?

And on a similar note. How about the redirecting of the water?

I'm pretty sure he is the reason behind 75% damage reduction, physical, resistant.

Re: Mr. Fantastic and the Hero system

Ok. Im extremely rusty on my streching tricks, but how would you model some of what Mr. Fantastic did int he Movie?

When he grabbed Ben, I first thought of Entangle but realized a better fit would be: +40 str, only for grabs (-1.5), only for squeezing, not for throwing (-.25) and +8 levels with grabs and sweeped grabs.

But how would you model the "blanket" approach when he grabbed Doom? You can't buy AE on grab and he can use it to grab multiple people at once. And how would you buy his being able to stretch to cover large areas or act like a wall?

And on a similar note. How about the redirecting of the water?

I'm pretty sure he is the reason behind 75% damage reduction, physical, resistant.

Area of Effect on his strength and extra Grabbing Strength built as a naked advantage maybe?

Redirecting the water....hm...maybe a clever use of Power Skill (Malleability)?

Re: Mr. Fantastic and the Hero system

I'd buy him multiple penalty skill levels for Swept Grabs. That would let him "blanket" someone (grab four limbs) or, with stretching, grab multiple adjacent targets. Looking at his stunts in the film and comics, I'd say a straight STR of 15 or so, plus 15 STR with stretching (-1/4), plus the extra STR from a Stretchy Martial Art.

AOE on STR is a good call. Froming a Wall can be done with a mix of the AOE STR and DFC to interpose himelf between a target and an oncoming attack, or a No Range Force Wall with Feedback.

As to the water, I'd say a power stunt, or the Affects Porus Marerials on his STR.

A small VPP of Stretching tricks might be a good idea.