Question about shotguns and different ammo loads

I'm working on a Fallout Tactics Hero game and, in the computer game, shotguns are fairly flexible-they can fire glugs, shot, flechettes, and some kind of ECM load.

I was wondering what kind of shells shotguns are presumed to be firing with the default HERO stats. Also, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on rules for these other kinds of loads.

Thanks in advance...

Re: Question about shotguns and different ammo loads

I never knew there were so many ways to add one DC to ammo and make it AP.

The shotguns in the equipment table on 485 give base stats for shots (red shells) and slugs (purple shells). DC adds flechettes (green shells).

You're going to have to make yellow EMP shells on your own, I'm afraid. But there are about 20 other kinds, so you're going to be well into the pastel shades if you use them all.

Heh. Shotguns were so overpowered in F:Tactics. They were better than any of the heavy weapons.

---

"I _could_ teach you to fight. _If_ you had any potential."

You may want to check out the "Hero System Equipment Guide". It has all the weapons of pratically all the Hero Genre books to date. This includes shotguns and the various ammo types available.

You still might prefer DC though, because of all the various options that would (probably) be useful for Fallout: Tatctics.

• 2 weeks later...

i belive black lodus has done fallout games before, you might want to PM him.

I'd also suggest the equipment guide, it has the same equipment from Dark Champions, and the gauss rifle from star hero, plus the melee weapons from fantasy hero (for those spear characters)

i belive black lodus has done fallout games before, you might want to PM him.

I'd also suggest the equipment guide, it has the same equipment from Dark Champions, and the gauss rifle from star hero, plus the melee weapons from fantasy hero (for those spear characters)

I'll second this suggestion. It's worth reading.