Telekinetic Multitasking and Extra Limbs

Kristopher

Re: Telekinetic Multitasking and Extra Limbs

Well being able to finely manipulate things without having to take "plenty of time" works as a benefit for me. And the fact that you need to make a Telekinesis "skill" roll using range mods to sucessfully do fine manipulation even when you pay for it indicates to me that you don't actually get some level of sensation. Or that if you do, it isn't much. Along with the fact that I'm pretty sure that if they had meant for fine manipulation to give ranged touch they would've written it that way.

But hey, if you want to give out ranged touch for free when people buy fine manipulation, cool. Great house rule. I only said anything because I assumed that Kristopher was looking for what the rules say, rather than peoples house rules.

IMO, if you are using telekinesis you shouldn't need to also buy range on touch. It's just seems redundant. Now you have two different energy waves leaving your body to do the job. I just don't believe it's valuable enough to need to pay 5 extra points for ranged when you are already paying 10 for the fine manipulation.

Nevermind. That's what I get for posting and working at the same time...

:idjit:

Though the comment about this being the Mental powers sections and TK not being Mental still stands.

:D

The mental powers stuff comes from the fact that constant use powers must be LOS. Since mental powers is the only place where LOS is that's where you need to read about LOS. :)

Actually' date=' it is in 5e as well. Page 116, second paragraph under Line of Sight. Same text verbatim. Though I will point out that this is the section on Mental Powers, and TK isn't a Mental Power.[/quote']

FREd typically refers to the first "Green Man Book", doesn't it? As opposed to the even bigger revision that was more recently put out?

In FREd, page 116 is the entry for Force Wall, and that's it, except for the two examples for Force Field in the upper left hand corner.

IMO' date=' if you are using telekinesis you shouldn't need to also buy range on touch. It's just seems redundant. Now you have two different energy waves leaving your body to do the job. I just don't believe it's valuable enough to need to pay 5 extra points for ranged when you are already paying 10 for the fine manipulation.[/quote']

Cool. That's what house rules are for.

FREd typically refers to the first "Green Man Book", doesn't it? As opposed to the even bigger revision that was more recently put out?

In FREd, page 116 is the entry for Force Wall, and that's it, except for the two examples for Force Field in the upper left hand corner.

Yup. I screwed up. :D

The mental powers stuff comes from the fact that constant use powers must be LOS. Since mental powers is the only place where LOS is that's where you need to read about LOS. :)

Yup, and on further research since on p102 second paragraph (p70 second paragraph in 5E) it specifically states to look under the Mental powers section for more info on LOS in general. So that solves the applicability issue.