Cybermind, the New Purple Gang, and Cheese

Rechan

Okay, so there's no cheese, but it seemed Just Right.

Anyways, here's what I've got.

Cybermind in my campaign, at the moment, is an 18 year old african american living in North Detroit. He lives with his two younger sisters, and is apparently the supporter of the two. He has yet to dawn the name or costume Cybermind, just yet.

Unfortunately, the New Purple Gang has him under their thumb. They know where he lives, they know where his kid sister likes to play, and for the time being, they have Cybermind on their payroll. Cybermind doesn't like this, but since he has the guns pointed at him...

The NPG was hired by a corporate head to 'send a message' to his competitor, in a subtle way of saying 'You need to sell your company to me'. So the NPG used Cybermind to hack into the programming of a robotic tank being tested, and had it target the Corporate head, attempting to use nonlethal attacks.

Enter PCs who work for the target of the robotic tank.

Now here's my question: I'm having trouble coming up with a really good use for Cybermind's capabilities with the NPG. Or rather, what I want is some ideas of something that would make a really climactic battle scene, that the NPG is setting up, using Cybermind's abilities.

I had the thought of using his powers to tap into the chips of the cars in 'The Loop', and the threat that if so much money is not deposited into a bank account, that the cars on the loop will have very nasty collisions. But that doesn't give the PCs a good place to attack, Nor does it give them the NPG to deal with.

Now, my PCs are more Detective oriented, more Batmanesque then SUPERHEROesque, but this seems like a nice thing. A bank robbery, something that I could use this Mental Hacker hostage with the NPG, and get a good battle sequence.

Any ideas?

Umm...NPG uses Cybermind to set of various high tech security systems to distract the cops and maybe the heros while they raid a source of high tech weapons or Mind Inc...set a patern to the false signals and let the dogs of justice loose!If the security systems controll weapons the persons in the buildings become hostages! Throw in a false trail to mechanon they can penitrate and so on....

SNIP

I had the thought of using his powers to tap into the chips of the cars in 'The Loop', and the threat that if so much money is not deposited into a bank account, that the cars on the loop will have very nasty collisions. But that doesn't give the PCs a good place to attack, Nor does it give them the NPG to deal with.

SNIP

That's a good idea, you just gave up too easily. Cybermind hacks into traffic control and gives the city a few hours to deposit the money. The gang is with Cybermind in case the police show up. The PCs use their investigation skills to find the baddies, leading to a climactic battle. Cybermind and the gang could be at their lair, at the gov't office that controls the loop, or even a cyber cafe.

Plenty of other options, too, stealing from some classic comic bits. Cybermind can control an area's computer gadgets while the gang protects him from the police. The place could be an amusement park (hostages stuck on rides), factory (welding robots threaten employees), airport control tower (think Die Hard 2), etc.

If you want to do a bank robbery with a twist, have Cybermind direct all the ATMs in an area to spit out cash. The gang scoops up the money. Innocents see all this money and try to grab some, too, putting them in harm's way.

Hmmm.

Something to think about. Man, I don't know what sounds better!

For the 'hacking into chips for the loop', my only concern is hwo to get the PCs to figure out where they are, before the Cops, Champions, or any other group pull up before the PCs do.

For example, having to track down the signal that can be traced back to the location. Or the 'pattern' of setting off the alarm systems. The ATM thing sounds very nice, though. I have to wonder where the computer system that runs those would be housed.

I also wonder if Cybermind's skills with computers is good enough to set up something like a 'Zombie'. A scripted false hacker that just puts out a signal and makes it look like that's where he is. Something like a scripted program to attack various places, so that he can concentrate on the Loop, or whatever else he's doing.

If any of the PCs have a secret ID that involves working with computers, you could have Cybermind do his hacking from that location. The player's secret ID gets kidnapped as the gang takes over the buiding.

Make Cybermind as skilled as he needs to be for the adventure. If you make changes to the official writeup, just be consistent and maintain those changes if Cybermind ever shows up again.