Aid/Succor + Cont Charges + MP

Zed-F

Question

Suppose I am building a potion brewer and want to include a number of potions that have an effect that lasts for a certain amount of time. In this case, the potions are universal foci. Suppose further that these are bought in a multipower and that I have the following slots.

A) Flight 20", Usable By Other (+1/4), 1 Continuing Fuel Charge of 1 Hour

B) Succor STR 10d6, 1 Continuing Fuel Charge of 1 Hour

C) Desolidification, Usable By Other (+1/4), 1 Continuing Fuel Charge of 1 Hour

Questions:

1) Presumably as these are all constant powers, any character who is stunned loses the benefit of whatever potion they have imbibed, correct?

2) I would expect that it is legal to give another character some of a continuing fuel charge (say 1 minute out of 60) in this circumstance, correct?

3) I would expect it would be legal to share portions of the continuing fuel charge with more than one person at a time, e.g. on phase 2 Archie drinks some of potion A, then on phase 4 Bruce drinks some of potion A, then on phase 6 Charlie drinks some of potion A, since the potions are universal foci and have been purchased as UBO. Correct?

3) Would it be legal for the character to give Archie some of potion A, then give Bruce some of potion B, then give Charlie some of potion C, and have all potions remain in effect even though the MP is switching slots? This is the one I'm least sure about. It seems reasonable from SFX, but I don't know how well it meshes with MP mechanics.

4) I'm figuring that loading Archie, Bruce, and Charlie with some of each of potions A, B, and C would probably be illegal, or at least frowned upon. Concur?

5) Do I need the trigger advantage to make any of this work? I don't think so, but I've seen some potion builds that use it.

1 answer to this question

Re: Aid/Succor + Cont Charges + MP

1. If a character activates a Constant Power that uses a Fuel Charge, he uses up 1 second of the Charge every Phase the power remains active. If he’s Stunned or Knocked Out, the power stops working at the end of that Segment, and thus stops using up fuel. At the GM’s option based on common sense, dramatic sense, special effects, and other factors, the power might keep working despite the character being Stunned/Knocked Out — for example, a jetpack on a Fuel Charge might keep flying the character — provided that doing so is not beneficial to the character. If it would be beneficial, it shuts off if it isn’t Persistent.

2, 3(a), 4. No, it’s not legal to give another character “part” of a Fuel Charge; that could easily become grossly abusive. If the power has 1 Fuel Charge and it’s given to another character via Usable On Others, then doing so uses up that entire 1 Fuel Charge — it all goes to the recipient. But with the GM’s permission a character could build a power with more than 1 Fuel Charge so that he has more than a single Charge to give away.

3(B). See 5ER 286 re: Continuing Charges in a Multipower.

5. That’s up to your GM. The potions published in FH and the FHG rely on Delayed Effect, but your GM may have other preferences.