Costs END and Reduced END

Derek Hiemforth

Question

Looked in the rulebook and FAQ, and didn't find this. Hope I'm not duplicating an already-answered question...

If you have a Power that costs no END, and you apply the Costs Endurance Limitation to it, can you then also apply the Reduced Endurance Advantage to it... to Half END if not to Zero END?

For example, let's say I've got a 6d6 Aid that I want to cost END, but I only want it to cost 3 END. Can/should I take Costs Endurance and Reduced Endurance (1/2 END) on it, or should I buy 3d6 Aid normally, and +3d6 Aid with Costs Endurance, as a Partially-Limited Power?

Whatever the answer, does the situation change at all if it's a Power on Charges that you want to cost END as opposed to a normally-non-END-costing Power that you've applied Costs END to?

1 answer to this question

There's a Rules FAQ question (I think a fairly new one) in the "Powers, General" section that says:

Q: Can a character apply both Costs Endurance and Reduced Endurance to the same power?

A: No.

However, it might be that some GMs would let you take Costs Endurance as a -1/4 Limitation for "power only costs 1/2 END."