I don't quite grok the Multiform rules.

M.C. ArZeCh

Re: I don't quite grok the Multiform rules.

Not quite. The Secondary Form is (absent GM permission) built on no more Base Points than the primary; it may be built on fewer Base Points' date=' if the [b']player[/b] wishes. Then the Secondary Form is given sufficient Disadvantage Points to balance out the cost of 'Ristics, Skills, etc. The total of (Base Points + Disadvantage Points) is divided by 5, and that gives the Base Cost for the Multiform Power. Adders (such as +5 points to double the number of forms*), Advantages, and Limitations are applied to the Base Cost as normal.

Note that handling it this way is a LOT simpler and clearer than figuring how many points you want to spend on MF and then back-figuring how "big" a Secondary Form that allows (though you can, if you want, do that).

*Note that if you want to double the number of forms (re-double, re-re-double, etc.) that the Secondary Form must be the most expensive of all the alternates, and the Tertiary Forms must be built on no more points (Base + Disadvantages) than the Secondary Form. However, there's no requirement for any similarity between the Forms; they can be completely unlike each other; the requirement only applies to the points the Forms are built on.

Yeah, I was just trying to simplify it a bit.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... usually complexity grows rampant around these here parts!

That Would Work, But This Is How It Should Be Done: Growth (5 levels, Complexity of Solution Only), Trigger (Posting a question; +1/4), Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+1); No Conscious Control (-2), Side Effects (Flame War; -1/4) 87 Active, 27 Real

That Would Work' date=' But This Is How It [i']Should[/i] Be Done: Growth (5 levels, Complexity of Solution Only), Trigger (Posting a question; +1/4), Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+1); No Conscious Control (-2), Side Effects (Flame War; -1/4) 87 Active, 27 Real

Well, that could work, but I think I'd disallow "No Conscious Control" on this one, I think the people who use this power know exactly what they're doing ;)

Well' date=' that could work, but I think I'd disallow "No Conscious Control" on this one, I think the people who use this power know exactly what they're doing ;)[/quote']

My take on it was that once a question's been posted, there's no way to control if it becomes a "complicated" issue or not. ;)

Well' date=' that could work, but I think I'd disallow "No Conscious Control" on this one, I think the people who use this power know exactly what they're doing ;)[/quote']

Yes, but can they resist the urge to do so? Or are they unable to control themselves and do it regardless? :hush:

My take on it was that once a question's been posted' date=' there's no way to control if it becomes a "complicated" issue or not. ;)[/quote']

Ahh, then "Uncontrolled" is right... they consciously have the power to post it in the first place, just goes out of control after that.

Yes' date=' but can they resist the urge to do so? Or are they unable to control themselves and do it regardless? :hush:[/quote']

I think I'd see that as a psych lim instead.

25pts Can't resist using "That Would Work, But This Is How It Should Be Done" [Very Common, Total]

25pts Can't resist using "That Would Work, But This Is How It Should Be Done" [Very Common, Total]

ah yes. Perhaps both .. not only are you unable to resist posting, but you have no control over which thread you overcomplicate!

Perhaps someone should write up a "HERO Forums Poster" package deal... :sneaky:

(I'm going to be busy tracking down some gravitic data...)