Stretching Conundrums

Steve

Question

1) I saw in the FAQ that Stretching can take the Megascale Advantage. If a character also has the Advantage "Does Not Cross Intervening Space" (by using 2D portals per the example on 5E page 142), and if this character had sufficient levels of enhanced senses to perceive a target at such a range with a targeting sense, could they hit them as a normal melee attack?

2) Since Stretching has an inherent Indirect Advantage to it, then it appears that Transdimensional could apply. Can Transdimensional be applied to Stretching?

1 answer to this question

1. In general, yes — that’s not really any different than having a MegaScaled Ranged attack. However, as always, the GM’s free to forbid this on the grounds of common sense, dramatic sense, game balance, or the ridiculousness factor.

2. Yes, again assuming you pass the standard tests of common sense, dramatic sense, game balance, and the ridiculousness factor.

I’d say that in both cases, the ridiculousness factor is likely to lead the GM to forbid this sort of thing more often than not. But I suppose it could make for some interesting power constructs in some cases. Heck, the GM might even reward you for creative thinking. ;)