Pulp Stargate!

JakSpade

Re: Pulp Stargate!

Another idea: Instead of making Hitler a Goa'uld' date=' make him a renegade Jaffa instead. He's trying to build his own empire, and the System Lords are trying to bring him back and put him in his place.[/quote']

A good twist for a pulp game would be that Hitler is a Jaffa, but not just any Jaffa. He is the First Prime of Hathor, Goa'uld Queen.

Archeologist adventurers unearth her in a secret Mayan temple in Central America. She immediately kills her liberators (or subjugates them) and sets out to find the technology of the Goa'uld on this world.

She finds the DHD to the Stargate in Germany (if you're a fan of the show, you'd know that the Germans had the DHD during WWII), and discovers an interesting human named Adolf Hitler. His devotion to his nation and quest to "liberate" this world intrigues her. The Earth no longer serves the Goa'uld, but this may be her chance to again regain power. She makes him her First Prime, her first Jaffa (in quite some time), and begins to subvert the rest of his highest advisers and his personal guard.

The German soldiers begin to break the combat lines of their neighbors with almost uncanny ease. Rumors of mysterious new technology and soliders that fight even though they've taken heavy wounds circulates through the ranks of the European lines. Accounts of science fiction ray-guns and unstoppable shock troops makes its way back to the US and British headquarters. What will the Allies do? Faced with such overwhelming odds, the Axis nations are sure to dominate the planet.

:ugly:

Jak

NOTE: I posted this info before I even looked over the Stargate Hero info on the old Hero Boards

Stargate Hero

Amazing that I wrote most of the same things that Herolover did... well, except the martial arts stuff, etc... :)

I've started work on a Jaffa Package Deal. I haven't quite figured out how to get all the Characteristic bonuses added to the Prefab in HeroDesigner yet, but I'm still working on it...

Since the Goa'uld Symbiote is such a tiny thing, and when it's in the Jaffa pouch, it's difficult to think of it more than just a Focus, so here's what I've come up with so far:

Prim'tah

List Item: "Bonded Symbiote", all slots IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2) Total Cost: 27 pts

• Regeneration: Healing 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, -3), Self Only (-1/2), IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)
  • Advanced Resistance: Power Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)
  • Radiation Resistance: Life Support (Safe in High Radiation) (2 Active Points); IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)
  • Long Life: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per 5 Minutes; Longevity: 200 Years) (4 Active Points); IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)
  • Disease Immunity: Life Support (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents) (10 Active Points); IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)
  • Poison Resistance: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents) (10 Active Points); Requires A CON Roll (No Active Point penalty to Skill Roll; -1/2), IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)

NOTE: I intentionally added "Req. a CON roll" to Poison Resistance because I didn't want the Jaffa to be completely immune to Poisons. The overall package will include a +1 STR and +2 CON, just to make sure that they're tough enough to handle the basic poisons. I might add the CON roll to Disease Immunity as well, but haven't decided yet.

What do you guys think? Is 2 BODY Regeneration per hour too much for a standard Jaffa? Perhaps I should put a limitation on it so that they can only regenerate if they've taken less than half their BODY in damage...

Let me know what you think...

Jak

• 1 year later...

...Arise... Chicken...

voice>

EDIT: Update -- I am putting together a wiki of my past notes. Right now, there's just the original information... I haven't added anything new. But, I've got time to do some work on it now, and I'll start putting things up... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

jak