Amussing F/X

JmOz

I'm wondering if anyone has ever slipped in a joke in a power description, in what would otherwise be a serious power/game

One ongoing joke is that anytime the characters have to wait the song "Girl from Ipanema" plays in the background (Elevator rides, lobbies, a mages tower, the band was playing it at a royal banquet in a fantasy game, etc...)

Anyways in my Champions game one player decided to power stunt his EDM to allow for global TP. The holding dimension was described as such "You are in a white space, no features what so ever, you are floating in air, with no ground beneth your feet, the only things you can see or hear is each other and the song "Girl from Ipanema" playing lightly all around. The character later bought the power in his MP, so now everytime they port around they hear the song.

Does anyone else have something similar?

Re: Amussing F/X

OK... that is just plain wierd... I LIKE IT!!!

I had a Batman / Shadow hybrid character that had "Personal Wind"

No matter where he was , his overly large trench coat would be swaying or flapping in the breeeze. The "breeze" was directly tied to his emotions... Tye angrier he got... the more the breeze effected his clothes... NEVER the hair though. The "breeze" also caused small pieces of paper to swirl around his feet. Later I bought off the "uncontrolled" restriction and he was able to cause his wind to assist him.

I just remember seeing a John Woo movie where the hero's coat was moving, but his hair and things around him were not.

Re: Amussing F/X

I made a character once named PARAGON. He was the embodiment of the ideal romantic male. His sfx were a spotlight, theme music, the Personal wind. He had Filthy Rich with invisible power effects,full. He always had the right amount of money for what ever he needed., however you could not find any source for the funds. He could produce a white rose from within his coat, freshly picked with dew still on the petals. Swinging with invisible power effects; i.e. you could follow the rope up but something would distract you for a split second and you would lose the rope.