Question about the "spirit" of an EC

Jaxom

Re: Question about the "spirit" of an EC

Enhanced senses are considered to be Special Powers and as such are not supposed to be put into power frameworks. This goes back to what I said about about ECs and not trying to buy inexpensive powers inside of frameworks to save more points.

:o

Oh, yeah... That... I read that somewhere once. I think...

Thanks.

One more time for posterity:

The "All Powers in an EC Must Cost End is an arbitrarty rule which, in my opinion, should be scrapped."

[etc.]

Hear, hear!

I suspect that the original intent or "spirit" of this rule was to forbid Special Powers in EC's, rather than all 0 END powers.

Hear, hear!

I suspect that the original intent or "spirit" of this rule was to forbid Special Powers in EC's, rather than all 0 END powers.

My general ruling is that you can buy a non-END costing power in an EC with the exceptions of Special Powers ... and I've considered making an exception for Duplication and Multiform, because, darn it, MULTIFORM IN AN EC: WEREWOLF POWERS JUST FREAKIN' MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE. :)

*goes to make a pot of decaff*

Enhanced senses are considered to be Special Powers and as such are not supposed to be put into power frameworks. This goes back to what I said about about ECs and not trying to buy inexpensive powers inside of frameworks to save more points.

But, incw again, what is the inherent logic in which powers are "special powers" and what is different about them, as a unit, that makes them especially unsuitable for inclusion in a framework?

"They're inexpensive?" Does that mean they are undercosted overall? Why is this only a problem if they go in a framework, and not, say, in a game where there are no frameworks?

"You only usually need one at a time? " Yeah, and most Swiss Army Attack Multipoweres can only use one attack at a time. So what? Sure, you could MPA with them outside a multipower, but 5 attack powers in a multi are a lot cheaper than 5 purchased straight with -1/4 for "can't MPA".

Well if costing end will be a problem, why not just use charges. that way, it fits the limitations you can take for say a suit of power armor.. :)

this should allow you to take powers normally costing end, into powers that don't really cost end. and yet with a limitation that could balance it.