A thought on armour piercing

Sean Waters

Re: A thought on armour piercing

I apologize' date=' but what are the average defenses in your game. The game I'm in (500 pts. 120 pt min on skills) my martial artist has the second highest defenses (15pd/0rpd,15ed/0red) The "Brick" has 15/15 for both. His newest power brings those numbers up to (not above) 20pd and like 18 ed (don't remember the resistant on either).[/quote']

Depends on the campaign... but can range from 8/8 to 50/50 resistant hardened... and all existing in the same game world... just adventuring in different parts of it.

Actually' date=' I think you used a result of '5' on the Stun Multiplier die of the second Killing Attack.[/quote']You are correct. I slipped a digit. (And boy did it hurt!) Body is still one higher, but STUN is lower.

I think that AP only seems to come in handy vs. foes whose Defenses are actually higher than the campaign average. AP against someome with the average (to scale) defense is going to not see much of a difference. The same attacker fighting someone with outragenously high defenses might actually slip a few points through. And as pointed out earlier in the thread, you might get more mileage out of Penetrating, if you're going to be doing that little damage.

I think that AP only seems to come in handy vs. foes whose Defenses are actually higher than the campaign average. AP against someome with the average (to scale) defense is going to not see much of a difference. The same attacker fighting someone with outragenously high defenses might actually slip a few points through.

Yeah. In my (150-point Heroic) fantasy campaign, the party ran into a couple of giant beetles. Even the strong fighters had trouble doing any damage. They were very glad they had along a dwarf with (AP) picks!