What villains do you think know about Arcadia?

Hermit

Those that have Hidden Lands know what I'm talking about. That book mentions how super heroes were lead by a plot of Arvad the Betrayer to Arcadia who set up a fight between Empyreans and the heroes. Since then, more super heroes have learned of, and worked with the Empyreans.

I think, given the preponderance of geniuses, psychics, etc, that some villains and villainous organizations must at least suspect if not flat out know about Arcadia as well.

Who do you think are the most likely canidates in the CU 5th? Obviously Zorran probably knows, but who else, particularly out of the big bads of the setting?

Re: What villains do you think know about Arcadia?

I don't have HL, but I do have the VIPER sourcebook and CKC, so I'm fairly familiar with the general concepts of Arcadia and The Empyreans (and their war with the Lemurians.)

I think The Crowns of Krim probably know. They just haven't taken any action against the Empyreans yet because they do not think they are powerful enough to defeat them all... which is probably true. The Crowns are mighty and all - far mightier than any other villain team shown in CKC. But, against a whole nation of Empyreans... I'm pretty sure they'd lose.

Takofanes may know of the existence of Arcadia, but may not know exactly where it is. If he did know, I'm sure he'd see them as a major threat - probably a greater threat than any other country of the world or any superteam for that matter. If Tak knows how to reach Arcadia, I'm sure he's planning something. (IE Undead Empyreans *shudder*)

I think Mechanon knows... I just don't think he'd care. The Empyreans are lowly organics, even if they are not as lowly as the ordinary human scourge that cover this planet. Unless Arcadia somehow became directly involved in resisting his destruction of all organic life, he would probably ignore them until he had destroyed the rest of humanity and/or had amassed a mechanical army powerful enough to crush the Empyreans in one fell swoop.

Other "Master Villains" like Gravitar, Warlord, Eurostar, and to lesser extent, the likes of Holocaust and Firewing are probably clueless.

For a fun change of pace in your campaign, let The Slug find out about it and figure out what he'd try to do.

Guest Major Tom

Dr. Destroyer would most likely know of Arcadia's existence, but not its

general location. His interest in Arcadia would stem from the fact that,

in spite of his technological superiority and his assumed superiority to the

rest of the human race, there is one thing he can't fight or overcome: the

march of time. Destroyer knows that his is running out, so he would most

certainly be interested in finding a group of people that posess the secret of

immortality.

Major Tom :cool:

Menton, with his psychic powers, probably knows there's something there, even if all he knows is that 'every time I try mentally scanning Antarctica, I hit this blank spot. What are my enemies hiding?'

Imagine Menton grabbing control of a few dozen Arcadians.