Shattered Sun - A Star Hero campaign

mallet

Hey all, with all of the people posting characters and game info on all of the other genre threads, I thought I would post a link to the write-up of my on going Star Hero game.

A little background info on it for you fine folks. I wanted to play a Terran Empire game, but my players really wanted to play mega-traveller. So, I proposed a Traveller-Hero game. Hero rules, traveller universe and they went for it. Now they love the Hero System which is great and they want to use it to play other genres of games (me so happy.)

Anyways, here is the link to the on going write-ups for our campaign:

http://www.vancouvergamingguild.com/forums/index.php?board=41;action=display;threadid=2008

let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas or suggestions.

PS. I am running a little behind on the updates, but the next part(s) of the campaign should be up shortly.

Re: Shattered Sun - A Star Hero campaign

Repped, Anyone that can get people to play Traveller-Hero deservies Rep.

I loved Traveller, even if it took me 6 C's to get one that lived thru creation.

But he lived for 3 real years, and over 10 game years. Brom O'Barin, a three foot tall, heavy worlder Scout.

As a Traveller junkie of many years, I must say the thread you linked was a fun read. I had a group that ran a massive "Fighting Entropy" story arc which started just after the end of the Fifth Frontier War and led up to the assassination of Emperor Strephon. In that game, I used Fuzion rules with the Traveller Universe. :) As I said, fun read.

Matt "Wishing-I-could-live-in-the-Spinward-Marches" Frisbee

What is Traveler Hero?

Traveller Hero (yes, I know it's mispelled, but bear with me) is a game set in the Science-Fiction Roleplaying Universe of Traveller (by GDW) but using Hero System rules. Traveller is a classic dinosaur of system that exists primarily because its creator Marc Miller did such an incredibly good job with creating the Imperium, the setting for the game.

Think a science-fiction version of the Roman Empire without the gladitorial games. :)

Matt "A-foaming-at-the-mouth-Traveller-fanatic" Frisbee

Sounds perfect, except for the lack of gladitorial games.

I'm sure there are illegal venues for such things?

It depends on the world, since the Imperium allows for a lot of leeway in how individual governments run their own affairs. If you get into the Sword Worlds, you have lords that rule over their domains by being nearly superhuman fencers, backed by ancient traditions of dueling. Personally, my favorite part of the Spinward Marches is District 268 and the Tarsus system -- mainly for that wild west feel the planet just oozes. (That and the fact that nobble steak is the best slab of meat behind the claw...) Usually, though, the characters are so wrapped up in keeping their interstellar shipping businesses afloat, that life becomes a blur.

Matt "Long-live-the-Emperor!" Frisbee

• 2 weeks later...