Help Building Speedster "Bullet Catcher"

TheTemplar

Hey Herophiles. I need to make sure that this power will work the way I want it to. My character is a speedster, and I'd really like for him to be able to grab bullets or other light physical missiles out of the air before they hit their targets. This would be used to keep thugs from firing on a trembling mob of bystanders, or to protect teammates from a hail of agent fire (assuming non-energy weapons...hard to catch plasma.) I've built the power as Missle Deflection, up to Bullets and Shrapnel, and selected the Full Range option w/ MD, w/ the SFX being that I can run around the group catching all ranged attacks fired at them, and would start my next phase from the same point where I started deflecting. Will that work the way I built it? What is the shape of the "Range" on Ranged Deflection? Does the " shown denote a radius? A line? Ideally...it would be a Radius..if not, then I would need to by AoE Radius on my MD, and drop the "Full Range" from my MD....which would be (I believe...no FREd here) more expensive, but I'll do it if it more accurately describes the SFX I want.

Thanks!!!

-T

This has come up a few times.

There are several ways to do it. One way is to make a constant uncontrolled dispel vs Ranged Attacks or Bullets or what have you; (Selective) Radius. SFX: the zippy bit you already reference.

If you want the dude to be able to literally move when doing it, then you can link it to his Movement (Greater Power in use most of the time). Then, when he is running around taking his actions, he is also 'catching bullets' as the opportunity presents itself.

Another way is the IPE Stretched Limbs, with Missile Deflection, with the Stretching heavily limited to represent that the character is actually stretching, he's just running to that spot really fast and then back.

Another way is a MD with a Linked T-Port, must cross intervening space on a Trigger; used at the end of the volley to place the character whereever the final round was defelected from.

My speedster had a VPP but within it, those powers were built as...

Missiile Deflection (mostly as above) with the range limited to his half move (he always zipped back to where he started).

And

Force Wall (could only stop attacks he could reasonably missile deflect, block or destroy "I can pound that boulder to dust before it reaches its target"). The block part actually was the main point of it for melee attacks, but I expanded it to missiles so I could "block" and "missile deflect" in the same phase.

I also used the linked teleport version for those times it was desired... I didn't always want to end up where I was missile deflecting. My linked t-port ported me after all the deflecting to the last hex I deflected at/the FW took a hit (in instances of deflecting for multiple people).