Yet another timeline

assault

As threatened, here is a more refined (but still incomplete) version of my CU's timeline.

~1525 The sole survivor of a pirate attack, dedicates his life and those of his descendents to hunting pirates and fighting evil. He adopts the identity of the Grey Ghost (Portuguese: ??).

1934 Stage magician and mentalist Lee "The Amazing Draco" Drake becomes the first known superhero.

1936 The 20th Grey Ghost begins his career.

1938 Draco and the Grey Ghost meet, team up and become friends.

1948 FBI agent Arthur Lockhart becomes Atom Man, the most powerful superhuman known to date.

1951 21st Grey Ghost begins career.

1954 Atom Man mysteriously vanishes.

1958: Eagleman (Ralph Dixon) emerges as Australia's first superhero. Later becomes the "elder statesman" of Australia's superheroes.

1960: Draco retires from adventuring. Drake's subsequent academic studies of mental powers still form the basis of psionic theory today.

1967: Eagleman retires from regular adventuring.

1970: 22nd Grey Ghost begins career.

1979: Eagleman's last adventure.

1980s: For unknown reasons, superhumans become relatively common during this decade.

1994: 23rd Grey Ghost begins career.

2000: Ralph Dixon is appointed the Australian government's official advisor on superhuman affairs.

---

Names for Australian NPC superbeings will be chosen from the following list. Unfortunately, a lot of really nifty names have been used in the source material I am lifting stuff from and are therefore ruled out by my self-imposed rules about filing off the serial numbers. I will, of course, waive this rule if and when I see fit.

Magpie

Captain Thunderbolt

Toecutter

Wombat

Flying Fox

Captain Midnight

Humongous

Bunyip

Captain Moonlight

Yowie

Bushranger

Cyclone

Shark

Standover

Boomerang

Taipan

Lomo. An alien. I have plans for him.

Re: Yet another timeline

I love gameworld timelines! The timeline for my gameworld can be found on my World of Maenza site (click on the link in my signature and then go from there).

I enjoy legacy characters and like how your timeline extends back from older times through today. Keep at it. You have a nice foundation with which to start.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Yet another timeline

Since I will have a bit of time on my hands over the next few days, I am going to do more work on my timeline.

My first step will be adding a US based team, which will be a homage to the Avengers' second lineup. That is, it will contain homages to:

Captain America, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, the Scarlet Witch, Hank Pym and the Wasp.

So far, I have the following names:

Vanguard (lifted from Golden Age Champions), ?, WhizKid, Scarlet Sorceress(!), the Crimson Cockroach(!) and the Hornet.

I'm not bothered by Silly Name Syndrome. My world is rather tongue in cheek at the best of times.

So, I need names for an archer, and the team itself. I may also do something about the two "red" characters. I will also write a bit of background on them.

All this is the easy bit. The next thing will be harder: the aliens.

In particular, I would like to homage Flash Damingo (http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/f/flashdam.htm ). This will be a bit awkward, because, well, he's a platypus...