Area of Effect and Metnal Attacks

Blue

Question

Hi Steve! I'll try not to keep you from FH for too long. I posted this in the other board to see if I was missing anything, but wound up here anyway. Here's the question:

How is an EGO attack resolved if it's Area effect. Is the target hex dECV 3?

I managed to find a little snippet in the FAQ about being able to dive for cover against such attacks, which indicates to me that you *can* target a hex with a mental AOE.

Thanks for your time.

1 answer to this question

You missed one Rules FAQ snippet. ;)

Q: How do Area Of Effect Mental Powers work?

A: Area Of Effect Mental Powers are targeted using OECV against DECV 3. A character does not need to have Line Of Sight on all possible targets in the Area Of Effect to affect them; he need only have LOS on the target point of the area.

In the case of Mental Powers which require a specific command or description of effect from the mentalist, such as Mind Control or Mental Illusions, the command or effect must be the same for everyone in the Area Of Effect — the mentalist cannot attack one agent with an illusion of a dragon, while attacking the agent next to him with the illusion of Mechanon. At the GM’s option, the mentalist can be allowed to vary his command or effect if he buys his Area Of Effect as Selective.

If that doesn't answer your question in full, please post a follow-up and I'll give it another shot. ;)