Choking The Life Out Of Someone

Dust Raven

Question

Given the rules involving Grab and needing to roll an attack each Phase to do damage, I was wondering something...

1) Is the Choke Hold Martial Arts Maneuver considerd a Continuous Attack that does not require additional Attack Rolls after it's applied, or does it require new attack rolls each Phase as a normal Grab would?

2) If I didn't want to bother learning commando training and just wanted to wring someone's neck, I can simply grab the head and squeeze, then use the drowning rules to eventually knock them out/kill them (checked a previous question). Does this method require additional attack rolls, or is it automatic (just maintain the grab and the victim slowly suffocates)?

3) Assuming the answer to number 2 is yes, is it assumed to automatically happen during a Choke Hold Martial Arts Maneuver?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Re: Choking The Life Out Of Someone

1. Choke Hold requires a new Attack Roll each Phase; it’s not Constant. However, once the victim is Knocked Out, Attack Rolls aren’t required to maintain the hold and eventually kill the target, the attacker just has to devote an Attack Action to maintaining the hold.

2. It requires a new Attack Roll each Phase.

3. Since #2 isn’t a Yes or No question, I’m not sure how to answer this. I think #1 covers it; if not, please post a follow-up.