1930's Photos and Postcards from Asia

shadowcat1313

a friend of mines father passed away about 2 years ago, and among his personal effects was a huge photo album from his days in the navy, he went in the service in 1930, and retired in 1953, there were over 200 photos and postcards in the book, we have now scanned all of them and copys of the CD are going to a couple of websites and historic archives

some of these could prove useful for a pulp hero or war hero campaign, and I would happily provide copies of pictures, or even a complete set on CD, the whole set is 98mb uncompressed

heres a website with a few samples

http://gallery.gundo.com/gallery/shadowcat

the pictures run the gamut from tourist scenes in various cities to ship photos, and some rather dark pictures from a chinese communist rebellion that are a bit gruesome

none of these pictures are copyrighted and we have no idea who took them originally

Re: 1930's Photos and Postcards from Asia

after asking to be safe first, I will put together a list of the photos on the CD, and I can e-mail specific examples to folks, or if somebody wants a whole set on CD, they can contact me off list for a copy, I would ask for a SASE mailer and a blank CD... this way no money changes hands, my costs otherwise with postage and a cushioned mailer run about 2.00, I will also post URL's once more pictures go online at the historical sites, there are 89 pages of photos that we scanned