Quick Martial Arts-type question...

Spidey88

Question

I was just wondering where a fellow might find a full description of the martial arts maneuver "Passing Strike". I've seen the capsule description in a couple of places (eg. Ultimate Martial Artist), but I've never caught a real explanation of what it is - or more specifically, how it differs from a "Move By" attack. Did I miss something in a book I've got/already read through?

I've got my own ideas as to how it's supposed to work - but having the official answer is always superior, in my opinion!

(There's a couple other obscure maneuvers of a similar nature that I'd had similar questions about, but their names escape me for the time being. hopefully this will point me in the right direction when I remember what they were.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Peter

1 answer to this question

Re: Quick Martial Arts-type question...

It's not described anywhere in any particular detail. It does just what its elements say: it lets a character do STR + vel/5 Normal Damage, can be used at the end of a Full Move, and provides +1 OCV.

It differs from a Move By in that (a) characters pay for it, (B) it provides different CV modifiers, © it does full STR damage instead of STR/2, (d) the attacker doesn't take 1/3 damage, and (e) the attacker can't perform "Multiple Passing Strikes" the way he can do Multiple Move Bys.