[Campaign] UNITY Prime

Chuckg

In a couple of weeks, I will be starting a 500-point Champions campaign, Bronze Age in tone. The PCs will be UNITY, the official UN superteam, newly formed in response to the Dimensional Invasion of 1998.

This is not a call for player recruitment, as I've already gotten the players together and filled all the slots. No, this is just me posting my campaign material for people to look at and hopefully have fun using or critiqueing.

Also, it's a minor plug for schtuff.com -- they let you put up free wikis of your own, and set the permissions anywhere from 'anybody can edit' to 'only you can edit'. The usefulness of this for distributing setting material to your players, and updating it as you go, is obvious.

Note -- while the outline of the campaign and the timeline are finished, I haven't statted out every detail and every villain yet. Part of this is deliberate, to leave me room to go back and fill in later, as needed. :) These are just the campaign notes that my players are supposed to see, so no worries about spoiling anything.

And I know that posting your creative work online is an open invitation for the critics to use your hide as a dart board, so, feel free to comment.

http://chuckg.schtuff.com/main

(add) The timeline specifically is here:

http://chuckg.schtuff.com/timeline

I edited the 'default' CU timeline notably to fit my game, but I didn't work in any crossovers with the MU, DCU, Wold Newton, or etc.

Re: [Campaign] UNITY Prime

Latest updates:

(12/23/05)

* Updated language rules on House Rules.

* Updated team package deal on UNITY.

* Added Gravitar entry to The Superhuman World.

* Added entries for the Archmage, the Trismegistus, and Dr. Yin Wu to The Mystic World.

• 3 weeks later...

Session #1:

"Number Two Million Sunblock, Part 1": The premiere episodes starts off with a shocker when, during UNTIL's press conference to announce the formation of the team, the sun goes out and the sky turns pitch black for dozens of miles around! Follow UNITY into space and from coast to coast, as they try to track down the mysterious cyberkinetic villainess who's been rebuilding satellites, altering the ozone layer with nanite catalysts, sticking mind-control discs on people, and in general just leaving a horrible mess behind her wherever she goes for other people to clean up.

It was fun. My character Azure got to fly into space under his own power and utter lines such as "Nice microscopic tunnelling scanning analyzer. Make it yourself?" No combat this first session so Azure as yet remains untried in battle, but I'm sure that'll be made up for Real Soon Now. :D

Session #2:

"Number Two Million Sunblock, Part 2": And our pilot episode concludes with the Engineer being brought to justice at the hands (OK, feet) of the heroic Rand Valor! See the dramatic battle onboard the hijacked plane! Witness the high-tech wizardry of our heroes as they track her to her secret lair! Witness the power of Science gone Mad! And keep tuning in for... UNITY Prime!

(Session logs and summaries available here).

Session #3:

"Striking Sparks, Part 1": UNITY Prime responds to a desperate call for help from Argentina. A madman with godlike electrokinetic powers has taken over the Presidential Palace and is holding most of the government hostage. But what is VIPER doing in this scenario? Is the Defense Minister really trying a coup, or are the other guys? And with the episode ending with their plane being shot down over Buenos Aires, how will UNITY Prime survive?

(Session logs and summaries available here).

Update:

Several continuity errors were found in the campaign timeline. (For one thing, I had Eurostar's 'first appearance' happening *twice*, several years apart. :joint:)

I have just finished going over it and blipping out the wrongbad entries. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the timeline as it currently is.

http://chuckg.schtuff.com/Timeline

• 2 weeks later...