Manchine in Champions

Manchine

Ok I was making up my Name sakes. (I got the Hero Designer and this helped out a lot.) I was transfering him over to Champions and I got done and he ended up being A LOT OF POINTS. He is not really super tough. I was just wondering if I did something wrong or what. I remade all my other characters and they are around the 800 point marker. Some Higher some lower. Other then the Main Bad Guy Photon (He is 1300). I am transferring this from Marvel RPG. I even toned down a lot of stuff.

Well here he is take a look and tell me.

http://globaldefenseforce.com/Champion/Manchine.html

Re: Manchine in Champions

The only thing I didn't Follow was the body. Since I have looked at others examples and the body is the only thing that didnt add up. Plus I dont see where he is that powerful in damage. Pretty much Manchine just had a lot of abilities that helped him. At the end of the RPG (15 years of it) he was just doing the Thor type adventures.

The only thing I didn't Follow was the body. Since I have looked at others examples and the body is the only thing that didnt add up. Plus I dont see where he is that powerful in damage. Pretty much Manchine just had a lot of abilities that helped him. At the end of the RPG (15 years of it) he was just doing the Thor type adventures.

If he was a Thor level character, 800+ points is not unreasonable.

350 point characters, unless specifically tweaked for power, are effectively Teen Titans or early X-Men types.

This was what he was in Marvel RPG. Physically he is not that powerful unless he is fighting energy. He doesnt do A LOT of damage. I took out his Focus Eye Beam. He doesnt do that unless its an absolute must.

Manchine

Fighting Ex(20)

Agility Rm(30)

Strength Rm(30)

Endurance Mn(75)

Reason Am(50)

Intuition Rm(30)

Psyche Rm(30)

Health 155

Karma 110

Resources Un(100)

Popularity Mn(75)

Powers

Body Armour Rm(30) Physical / Class 1000 Energy

Energy Absorption Class 1000 Energy (except plasma or force)

Force Beams Mn(75) 3 area Range

Force Field Mn(75)

Self-Sustenance Class 1000

Phasing Am(50)

Energy and Life Detection Mn(75) 1 Mile

Total Memory Am(50)

Teleport Self/Others Class 1000 Teleporting others will cause sickness in subject until they get use to teleporting.

Flight Class 1000

Illusion-Casting Un (100) only make hologram on self

Plasma Generation Shift Z (500) draw a line 5 area attack affects all in 5 areas can increase range with more time 1 extra area per round after attack all stats except Body Armour and Energy Absorbtion goes down -4cs for 24 hours

Talents

Computers, Physics, Electronics, Engineering, Repair/Tinkering, Leadership

This was what he was in Marvel RPG. Physically he is not that powerful unless he is fighting energy. He doesnt do A LOT of damage. I took out his Focus Eye Beam. He doesnt do that unless its an absolute must.

Point costs alone don't determine combat power in Hero, and conversions will always give you odd results.

As you've written up his Champions sheet, the character has massive points invested in stats: 50 INT, a 50 CON, 60 BODY, and 25 EGO despite having no EGO powers. He has complete immunity to any sort of energy attack he'd run into even in a Galactic Champions game, 400 points in bases, 75 points in an Advanced Tech perk that means nothing in most Champions campaigns. He's designed to stand there and be pounded on, not to do damage.

None of this is necessarily a bad thing if it was what you were going for; he's just a Galactic Champions class PC with a fantastic base, which is about right for a JLA type.

If that's not what you were expecting, you can always tone him down.

None of this is necessarily a bad thing if it was what you were going for; he's just a Galactic Champions class PC with a fantastic base, which is about right for a JLA type.

If that's not what you were expecting, you can always tone him down.

You know whats funny when I first did him he was over 3200 points. If I took out his base he would be 400 points cheaper. Making him less then 2000 points. Yes he is a JLA avengers ranked character.

I have Animal Teen who is BARELY over 1000 points. He doesnt have any defenses except Spiderman level Speed. He has just a lot of powers based on animals. Including Strength thats greater then Thors (Shift X in Marvel RPG). He can grow which makes him even stronger. Even though according to the conversion Thor's Strength is higher then 70. I put Animal Teen in the 65 range. Of course when he grows he can get up to 105 Max Strength. Even though he can grow taller. Of course all his little powers add up. Webbing, Leaping, Higher DCV, Shrinking, Animal Communication, Animal Transformation, etc.

If you're looking for cheaper ways to build characters with a wide range of powers, Multipowers and Elemental Controls help. Keeping in mind the CU guidelines on what stats actually mean in that setting helps as well.

20 is as high as most humans, including Olympians, will ever see. 25 is legendary, people that come around once every few generations. 30 is absolutely as far as you can go and still be human.

That said, there's no real problem with higher point play. It's just another style.

I just wanted to make them up and see how many points they came out to be. These guys in my campaign are the JLA/Avengers of there world. These are NPC's. There is no Superman, Thor, Captain America, or Batman. Pretty much Super Powers have just started to appear in the last year. Due to a hyperspace portal opening up in Earths Gravity Well. Its pretty much a year after what I do in my webcomic.

The Player Characters are in the 300 point range with 100 points of disadvantages.

I just wanted to make them up and see how many points they came out to be. These guys in my campaign are the JLA/Avengers of there world. These are NPC's. There is no Superman' date=' Thor, Captain America, or Batman. Pretty much Super Powers have just started to appear in the last year. Due to a hyperspace portal opening up in Earths Gravity Well. Its pretty much a year after what I do in my webcomic.[/quote']

Then the points are fine. NPCs have as many points as they need for the story.

I've noticed that when Enforcer84 writes up his City of Heroes characters, they're almost always in the 1000+ range.