Item Weights

Mazeus Xenon

I have been kicking around all sorts of formulas and numbers to try and figure a AP-to-weight relationship for items, weapons, armor, etc. I know that there is already a guage for Armor (1 DEF = 3.5kg, 2 DEF = 5kg, and so on). However, is there anything anyone else out there uses to determine weight by AP (or whatever)? I did ask Steve (you know - the guy who wrote the rules :) ) about it and he said he'll just look it up when necessary and put it into a book...

I am guessing this is based almost entierly on the game being run but if there is something someone uses... feel free to send it my way!

Mazeus Xenon

Re: Item Weights

It's a realism thing. DEF does not equate to weight - because of the construction materials used.

A good example is mail. Mail armour weighs more than plate, but it offers less protection (although you could argue that it is better at cushioning impacts, but that kind of detail is not part of the rules).