Messing about with Multiform

SableWyvern

So, I've got one player in a prospective high powered FH game who's looking at playing a character with the ability to change into a dragon. Multiform is the obvious fit, and has the benefit of allowing a slightly more powerful than normal build as his dragon form (250pt game with a 60 Active Point limit gives him 300 points to play with for the dragon, which I'm happy to allow).

However, he's expressed an interest in defining the dragon as his true form. If we do this by the book, the dragon form suddenly becomes limited to 250 - Multiform cost, which is a lot less useful all around.

If needs be, I'd be happy enough to just ignore the rules on this matter, build the human form as the base and then fiat that, once character gen is finished, the dragon is treated as the base creature. However, before I do that, I'd be interested to hear if there is a better way of going about this, or if there are any complications I would need to be aware of in making such a ruling.

Thanks in advance. :)

Re: Messing about with Multiform

Cool.

The important thing is always balance IN YOUR GAME. If it works and doesn't tip stuff over, I'd just wave it through.

Technically (and you can ignore this bit too, but it is how the rules put it) the dragon you describe needs 50 more disadvantage points than the base form to pay for being more expensive.

Welcome to the boards :)

Re: Messing about with Multiform

Welcome Sable!

While it seems your issue is resolved, I'd like to add that there really isn't a "better" way to go about the Multiform. Either way you arrange the points, the character has one form built on 250 (minus the cost of the Multiform) and one on 300. As long as you are okay with that, you might as well allow the 338 (300+38 point Multiform) point form as the base and a 190 point Multiform (what the human form would have been spending 60 points on Multiform). It's the same two character sheets either way.