Introducing Scott Free Press!

Kevin B. Madiso

Re: Introducing Scott Free Press!

Howdy Hero Folks,

For those who are interested, I've posted a new State of the World that takes a look at structuring and running thief-centred Caper Campaigns inspired by such films as Snatch, Reservoir Dogs, The Italian Job and Heat.

Also, we'll have a HERO System version of Ali'ran Agama up by Wednesday morning for use in your own campaigns.

Cheers,

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aloha, Kev!

Ive taken a look at your site, and I think that there are some pretty good items there that are going to be very useful. And as you said, alot of it is free.

Youve got some serious drive, my friend. I commend you for that.

If youre going to be translating characters into HERO, I cant recommend HeroDesigner highly enough. Takes abut one fifth the time to write people up in HD than it does by hand, and as crowded as your schedule is, Im sure you can use the added efficiency ;)

Anyway, good luck with the site, thanks for bringing it to our attention, and I hope your efforts on the part of the charities brings them needed help :)

Howdy Jack!

Thanks for the kind words about the site.

That's an excellent idea about the Herodesigner software. As much as I like writing things up by hand, for the sake of time and the sake of my math (which can be sketchy at times) I'll be looking to get it this week.

One question I had was whether you can export the data to other programs (like Word) or whether it only displays in the HERO format I've seen posted to the forums?

Cheers,

Kevin

Howdy Jack!

Thanks for the kind words about the site.

That's an excellent idea about the Herodesigner software. As much as I like writing things up by hand, for the sake of time and the sake of my math (which can be sketchy at times) I'll be looking to get it this week.

One question I had was whether you can export the data to other programs (like Word) or whether it only displays in the HERO format I've seen posted to the forums?

Cheers,

Kevin

These export templates for V2 will give your RTF output. As of right now there hasn't been any need to make changes to them for V3, but I'm sure if such a need arises they'll get updated. Also I'm sure if they don't quite give you what you want RPMiller (the author of those templates) or someone else will be happy to give you a hand on the HD forum.

You're welcome. I'm sure you'll be happy with the software. It should make your Hero conversions quite a bit easier.

Be sure to get Hero Designer Version 3 that just went on sale a short time ago.

It is newer but expect the export templates to be toned up shortly by some of the masters of code.

PS - welcome aboard.

PAGING RPMiller; Paging RPMiller. Gee, I think I owe him more rep.

Howdy Folks!

Ok, they're a day late, but the latest Change the World character and State of the World are up at the Scott Free Press site!

This week's State of the World looks at Mob Campaigns in M&M Superlink and HERO System campaigns.

The latest Change the World character is named Nachtjäger and he's an ex-East German assassin who has come to Toronto, Canada to... well, I guess to say more would be to spoil his story. :D

Here's a peek at his portrait:

NachtjagerNight.jpg

Enjoy!

Until next time I remain,

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy Folks,

I've been out of commission the last two weeks, busy with work and other projects, but I wanted to swing by and let you know, the latest Change the World character for the Country Brief: Canada is now up at the Scott Free Press site.

He's a Russian ex-Spetsnaz gangster/pimp named Nikolai Khapov who has cold/ice abilities. Here's a preview pic:

RussianPimp.jpg

I also wanted to thank the folks who gave me advice on Hero Designer. I tried out the demo this weekend and now I can't wait for my tax return to come in so I can pick it up.

One question I had though was whether you can get it to work on Windows-based PDAs? It would be pretty freakin cool if I could work on these characters on the bus or on the Skytrain. :)

Anyhoo, I'll be picking up the full version of Hero Designer later this week and the plan is to devote Saturday to using it to write up all the Change the World characters that I've posted so far.

Until next time I remain,